Civil Service Pensions

manshimajin

I'll say it again, because I've got a huge gripe with a certain privileged few,

YOU ARE A DISGRACE!

Oh yes, I mean the MHK's who are sitting pretty inside their untouchable pensionable fence.

As I understand it and correct me if I'm wrong, you only have to do 8 years and then you get a full pension, whilst others have to work till they're 65 !

I'm not going to ramble on about the differences in the pension structures although I can see the reasoning behind it, but when YOU the MHK's make yourself different to everyone else, then that gets my goat up and thats where the main problems lie.

Like it or not, there will always be MHK's and even if everyone didn't use a single vote, there would still be the same MHK's sitting inside this fence, separate, aloof and couldn't give a bleeding shit about Joe public as this doesn't affect their own personal welfare.

I actually wouldn't have had a problem if everyone was in the same boat, but to ask everyone else to pull up their purse strings whilst YOU the MHK's are not affected, then this is sickening and IMO, uncaring, senseless and hypocritical to the nation.

I'm stopping now before I say something I regret later................................ :angry: VERY :angry:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if they start going for your pensions though??? Not a nice prospect......

Thanks to all for the banter..... good to see that things are no different in the island than over here!!! All the best to all....

His point (assuming he's private sector), is that 'they' have started going for his pension. No company can guarantee a set amount gain (even if it's less than inflation) in the future with no risk, which is what your pension plan entitles to you; therefore it is publically subsidised. Your justification is that this guarantee is deserved because of your line of work.

I'm not arguing with your justification, but the way pension plans are structured now (mainly because they can't be guaranteed as above) a future generation is subsidising your efforts now, at no tangible gain to themselves (indeed, if the tax burden was so great that future policing spending has to be dropped - is that a fair subsidy?).

Archived