Modern Warfare 2

K.os Theory

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
£40 quid on the pc, most pre orders for £30. £55 is nuts, bleh.

Still, not quite as mad as the possibility of forking out £70 for games. Especially for things like COD, which after a while make you feel like you're trapped in a reenactment of the lastest Michael Bey SFX bumstorm as performed by demented 13 year olds shouting "roflcopter" and "pwned" as if it were still 2002.

£40 quid on the pc, most pre orders for £30. £55 is nuts, bleh.

Still, not quite as mad as the possibility of forking out £70 for games. Especially for things like COD, which after a while make you feel like you're trapped in a reenactment of the lastest Michael Bey SFX bumstorm as performed by demented 13 year olds shouting "roflcopter" and "pwned" as if it were still 2002.

£70 a game!

If that happens in the near future, the 360 will do a 360 straight into the fish pond..

Fuck that ( for a game of soldiers..... ).

£70 a game? there will be a massive rise in piracy. I will not pay those prices and neither will most people in a reccesion i reckon.

I've pre-ordered the games I want for the 'holiday' season ( why can't games publishers just say 'We're bringing it out at Christmas because it will sell by supertanker load' ? )

from Amazon now, so if the proposed price increases due to the weak pound come in - I get the games at the cheapest price.

£70 a game? there will be a massive rise in piracy. I will not pay those prices and neither will most people in a reccesion i reckon.

Look how many people who have bought Windows 7 when it was at a sensible price?

Most of the people I know who got it have never had a legit OS in their lives.

Me I'm just pissed off as I have only recently upgraded my PC and got an OEM version of Vista 64.

Look how many people who have bought Windows 7 when it was at a sensible price?

Most of the people I know who got it have never had a legit OS in their lives.

Me I'm just pissed off as I have only recently upgraded my PC and got an OEM version of Vista 64.

Yes, I've pre-ordered Windows 7 at the sensible price too. But, in fairness, the last OS I bought was XP back in 2003. 6 years ago. Will you be playing modern warfare 2 in 6 years?

Probably not.

And I bet there will be lots of people warezing cracked version of Windows 7 too.

Downer on buying Vista just before 7 came along Bananaman. I'm running 7 RC, and it pisses all over Vista ( I have a Vista laptop ).

Will you be playing modern warfare 2 in 6 years?

Probably not.

Probably never. I've been lost in Arma2. Bloody hell what an amazing game that is. It's bloody irritating and times it's farkin boring but when it all comes together and you're clattering in with a team of twenty......... it is just amazing. It's not a game for the console players. Not in a cazillion years.

Real time 20 clicks away for your next objective and you have to take your ammo dumps and armour with you. It still boggles me noggin mate.

£70 a game!

If that happens in the near future, the 360 will do a 360 straight into the fish pond..

Too right, same for a lot of gaming platforms. I can't say I'm overly convinced by the argument that development costs dictate that games should come in priced at £70, I suspect a lot of money is squandered on toss like pricey voice actors (i.e. Keiffer Sutherland and Gary Oldman for Call of Duty: World at War), employing and hothousing studios to needlessly rush out sequels within a year of the previous game being released (Call of Duty: World at War again), liscences to turn shit films into shitter games (The Incredible Hulk, Terminator: Salvation), and chasing the top end of graphics (Crysis, which managed to spend a lot of time and money producing a game that most people wouldn't be able to play on their machines, with Crytek then whining about piracy driving down their profits).

I don’t understand the “rising cost of development” argument. Games have been at a fixed price point for a substantial about of time, most of my many years of buying games they have been 30-40 on release. It is an excepted and understood price, surely a sensible business practice would be to say we expect to sell x of these games at £40 therefore we have x millions to spend on development, not ok lets just spend till its done then charge the customer the development cost divided by the already defined expected sales.

I also cant stand the whole graphics arms race, I think Far Cry and Crysis are prime examples of graphics over content. Both amazing to look at but terrible games in every other aspect. But now I’m getting into a completely different rant so I’ll stop now, don’t want to get a reputation too early.

• 4 weeks later...

* 3 kills - UAV; 4 kills - Airdrop; 5 kills - Predator Missile. Interesting that despite continuing on with several more kills, nothing else was unlocked. Presumably this shows the ability to tailor your killstreak rewards as mentioned in recent 402 announcements.

* Riot shields

* Same frag symbol as COD4

* Getting shot makes things very hard to see - the blood (looks like strawberry jam) really covers the screen!

* Guns appearing included "UMP45 Extended Mags", SCAR-H Bling", "MP5K", "AUG HBAR Bling", "AA-12" and "TAR-21 FMJ". What's interesting is that you can clearly use perks to modify the guns (the Bling and Extended Mags titles after the gun names indicate the perks which have been added to the guns) - this could add a lot of depth to the game.

* Some of the challenges appear when the guy knifes 402 at the end: "Buzzkill - Stopped Enemy Short of a Killstreak" and "Bullseye - You Killed an Enemy with a Throwing Knife".

* Throwing knives!

* In-game host migration!

Archived