Death To Burglars?

Speckled Frost

How would you react on discovering a burglar in your home  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted "Force them into stripping naked then boot them out"

Why not! It'd be a giggle if they got caught by the cops as well, I mean what could they say? "Well we was robbing... erm... no, I mean, I did it for a bet like!"

Everyone seems to think that they're guaranteed to win any confrontation with a burglar because it's happening on their own turf - but in reality a burglar's adrenalin will be pumping, he'll probably have a large screwdriver in his hand, maybe a mate around the corner, and very possibly a history of violence.

Having said that I'd probably pick up the nearest object and shout at him, hoping to scare him off and then phone the police.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if a confrontation went along these lines:

Enter home - find strange man in kitchen -

"Who are you?"

"I'm Dave - I'm, er, helping to fix the boiler"

"You're fixing my boiler?"

"Yeah, I'm with Mike - he's just out in the van"

"My boiler doesn't need fixing. Who called you? How did you get in?"

"I'm not sure, I'm just helping out. Was it your wife? Hold on, I'll go and get Mike"...

To be honest I believe that if someone was to intrude into mine or someone else's house without given permission then we should be allowed to do whatever we deem neccesary to get rid, I'm sure the burglar would do the same if I invaded his/her house.

Giving criminals human rights? I don't get it.

I agree with him.

Giving criminals human rights? I don't get it.

Yeah, criminals aren't human. (?!) :o

EDITED TO ADD that I voted to strip them and boot them out. Though it seems a deplorable waste to strip a burglar naked and then boot him (one would hope not a 'her' - after all, there are limits :o ) out of the house without so much as a quick rummage in his booty bag.

Archived