Michael Jackson Tribute

Lee54

Just watched the Sky coverage of the Michael Jackson Tribute, My thoughts are that is was a good tribute to the King op Pop, and his children done their father proud tonight, the last words spoken by his daughter, She described Michael as a caring father.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was crass and mawkish. Preachers and politicians getting the biggest audience of their lives and a 'who could cry most convincingly' contest. Coffin was like a pimped-out Cadillac though!

I wanted to slap the boy who was chewing gum through the whole thing. I turned over to watch Sarah Beeny (swoon) on Property Snakes and Ladders instead.

I thought it was crass and mawkish. Preachers and politicians getting the biggest audience of their lives and a 'who could cry most convincingly' contest. Coffin was like a pimped-out Cadillac though!

I wanted to slap the boy who was chewing gum through the whole thing. I turned over to watch Sarah Beeny (swoon) on Property Snakes and Ladders instead.

Its the American way of doing things, just like us Manxies who invade Peel each year to see some Viking being set adrift then set on fire. And once the fire is out we do what the Yanks do, go on the Piss :lol:

I love Sarah Beeny (not in any lesbian way of course) the programs she does are great, could never understand why these amatuer developers never took her advice, they are starting to listen to her a bit now, havnt seen tonights yet.

Haha, in the short clips at the end, there was one Jackson, Tito i think, he couldn't sing. I lol'ed

It was when we were told that without MJ, there would be no recognition of the black man, culminating in the election of Obama which really threw me. This for a man who, despite his protestations, removed his black identity and, let's face it, only has caucasian children. How the fuck does that happen and what does it say about the man?

The lady from the Senate was also quite interesting; there will be a debate on MJ's humanitarian contribution and that he was an all round good guy. Fantastic, I do believe that in many ways he was a humanitarian and a great giver to good causes, but as they say 'catch yerself on, now'.

Sounds like the complete load of shite I suspected . Glad I avoided it . The mass hysteria when anybody famous carks it is fucking ridiculous . Aye ok the bloke was a decent entertainer had a couple of ok tunes but for fucks sake a ticket only memorial event . What happens when the next one pops their clogs , a lottery to see who gets to press the button that starts the conveyor belt that takes the coffin to the furnace . The rot started when Diana got squished . At least they didn't cancel sporting events for wacko's funeral .

Hideous that we can send off a paedo with a huge show, flowers, bollocks well wishing and smiling kids singing on stage simply because he could dance and had a bit of dosh.

Take a read of this article for a much more realistic and less rose tinted perspective:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/am...us-1731258.html

Glad he's dead.

I love Sarah Beeny ( in a lesbian way of course) the programs she does are great, could never understand why these amatuer developers never took her advice, they are starting to listen to her a bit now, havnt seen tonights yet.

Fixed that for ya Roo!

If tickets are available for watching, can I have first dibs? :D

Archived