Isle Of Man To Kyrgyzstan

Rhumsaa

Hello

As you may recall last year myself and some friends attempted to get to Timbuktu in a battered Discovery supplied by Cret.

Disco063Medium.jpg

We failed.

Also if you have a really good memory about 4 and a half years ago I scampered down to Gambia 3 weeks after my driving test.

GeorgePDC014.jpg

Anyways...

Clearly I have the adventurous/insanity big once again and on October 8th I'm off again but this time to Kyrgyzstan (as the thread title suggests).

I was hoping to head out there in a 1981 Austin Allegro acquired from skrappey....

March09040.jpg

But as beautiful as it is we have decided against taking it and have found another mode of transport

Volvo002.jpg

She's a beauty :-)

I was in 2 minds about posting this as I seemed to get a bit of negative feedback last time but I figured.... fuck it

We raised over £4000 for Wish Upon a Dream last time and whilst I don't anticipate a repeat of such a massive amount we will be accepting any donations, which all go direct to the charity 100%, if people feel the urge just drop me a pm and I'll meet anyone who wants to see the vehicle, talk about the trip, offer advice or donate some pennies.

Cheers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck mate. I hope you have better luck this time after that woeful ending last time. :(

You'd be better off walking there you fat pig.

What an obnoxious comment to make.

Keyboarder, you're such an asshole sometimes.

I think it would be great fun bombing around the world in various cars and bikes.

I'll give you £1.50 if you take the Allegro.

That volvo looks brand new and far to luxurious, its got leather seats probably even air con, have you gone soft in your old age Rhumsaa?

is the volvo petrol or diesel?

i've worked for MM in the past if its petrol make sure you take a spare coil lead as they a prone to failing plus make sure the injector seals are in good condition or it will be an ass to start in the heat,

if its diesel i'll buy it off you when you drive it back as i used to service one that had 220.000+ miles on it

I would love nothing more than taking the allegro - it is so comfy and great fun but the lights don't work and to get it fixed you're talking hundreds of pounds which is more of a long term project not 3 months away

Also the beautiful comfy ride is based on the hydrogas suspension which is lovely here but one stray stone and we are... well... fucked and after last time I'd rather make it than not

Besides a 21 year old car with 146k on the clock is still a challenge

Digga it is a 2.9 litre petrol so thanks for the tips!

Archived