£400 For Pussy?

Gilly G. Ossenfeffer

Thought I'd take a look if anyone was after kittens on manx net, as my 3 little treasures will be ready to move off soon. When there, I read:

23. For Sale: Manx Kittens £50.00 13/08/2009

24. For Sale: Manx Kittens £150.00 13/08/2009

25. For Sale: Wiemaraner Bitch £400.00 13/08/2009

26. For Sale: Blue Pedigree Ragdoll Kittens £400.00 13/08/2009

I'm shocked. Who would pay £400 for a kitten? Even for a dog that's steep. Unbelievable. It must be one helluva special pussy for that money!

Gilly your thread title really caught my eye, then oh the disappointment when I read it was about kittens, bugger. :(;)

Thought I'd take a look if anyone was after kittens on manx net, as my 3 little treasures will be ready to move off soon. When there, I read:

I'm shocked. Who would pay £400 for a kitten? Even for a dog that's steep. Unbelievable. It must be one helluva special pussy for that money!

Gilly your thread title really caught my eye, then oh the disappointment when I read it was about kittens, bugger. :(;)

Awww, sorry to disappoint. :rolleyes:

Yep I thought for a moment about the polecats of Bucks Rd. :ph34r:

It's a special mind set that will pay that amount for a domestic pet, when there are always animals at the MSPCA waiting for a home.

Gilly , I will take your kittens - they are a special delicacy in my country. Are they free?

Stear clear of this lot, they're bad news.

They were going to take a Weimaraner off us to rehome a while back, then pulled out the last moment. Then, they were going to buy a weim pup of friends, but didn't want to pay and asked if they could borrow the father of the litter for 'stud' if they got a bitch. This all happened in the last 18 months. And now they have all these animals to sell because he is 'starting work' ( this advert has been on manx net classifieds for at least 3 months on and off - he must be an exceptional slow starter. )

If we had the RSPCA over here, I would have reported them.

Is there a price you would not pay for good pussy !!!! :P

Apparently not - some people pay well over a grand for a Bengal. Vicious little buggers them, prolly account for more pet rabbit deaths than mixie and fly strike combined. We had one mad cat lady where we live who had 7 of them. SEVEN! No wonder she couldn't afford to wash!

Uugghhh!

If we had the RSPCA over here, I would have reported them.

No, if there is a potential problem report them to the police. The RSCPCA have no more power than you or I have although they like to act and pretend that is not the case. The RSCPCA do a lot of good but if a non charitable organisation behaved in the way they do at times there would be a much greater outcry.

Edited to add: If anyone is interested in having one of the 3 prettiest kitties in the world, PM me. 2 Tabby boys and a Torty girl.

Advert for the £400 kitten states 'The kittens available are pets only, and not for breeding from'. Why not? That's what you're doing? Oh but then you wouldn't want anyone else making money from them.

I think £400 is ok for a very big dog but not a small one. Cats are about the same size as a small dog and they should therefore be about the same price.

I think £400 is ok for a very big dog but not a small one. Cats are about the same size as a small dog and they should therefore be about the same price.

Sorry! What you wrote suddenly made me get an image of Tesco selling them by the gramme.

This thread seems to link in with the previous one from Militant Dog Owner about dog breeding farms - all driven by £sd.

Long live moggies and muts! (and they do live longer)

Archived