Handyman Required ...

£ 18 an hour.

seams cheap to do the job u cant do :cool:

I can do dishes for £ 15 an hour. Is anyone gonna pay me that ?

Apologies all round if I seem tight for finding £ 18 an hour steep.

Maybe Im just getting old AND tight-fisted ? ...

...GOMH*...

harry the handyman may just possibly get things wrong and is unlikely to have the appropriate insurances and so forth in place (thanks Celt). Alternatively you might just be lucky and there are no problems.

I didn't say £18 was acceptable for a handyman. How much did you pay for the joiner? Good luck with them - if you manage to get a cheap handyman or joiner for less than the going rate it's your own risk but let's face it's a low risk with what you want them for! I'd take the risk but not complain if things go wrong.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either grow a pair and do it yourself or stop whining and pay the nice man to do it for you.

People seem to charge between £15 & £40 ph but in my experience they all pan out to earn the same, the well ace builder charges £30PH and works his ass off, the £15 builder will chuck in a few extra hours and thus cost the same - I tend to go for the one that works hardest.

£ 18 an hour.

seams cheap to do the job u cant do :cool:

I can do dishes for £ 15 an hour. Is anyone gonna pay me that ?

Apologies all round if I seem tight for finding £ 18 an hour steep.

Maybe Im just getting old AND fisted ? ...

...GOMH*...

Fixed :cool:

Either grow a pair and do it yourself or stop whining and pay the nice man to do it for you.

At which point did you realise that I cannot perform the said task ?

I now have a chap assisting me at a very reasonable rate, thanks.

Toodle pip ...

FFS, i would have done it for £8 an hour. Next time...;)

A relative of mine has been waiting for a quote for some small remedial work on her property.

A builder looked at it in March.

She is still waiting for the quote.

hair cut in Ron Smiths which takes ten minutes is £13

Exactly my complaint when someone used to moan about plumbers charges!! seems if you can get 3 or 4 cuts done per hour, that's £40 to £52 per hour !! admittedly that may only be on busy days like a Saturday..

Exactly my complaint when someone used to moan about plumbers charges!! seems if you can get 3 or 4 cuts done per hour, that's £40 to £52 per hour !! admittedly that may only be on busy days like a Saturday..

Plumbers and handymen work from the back of a beat up old van

Hairdressers salons are in high street properties

Afraid you're wrong there for the most part !!! boss I used to work for had at least 3 new vans, a workshop, liability insurance, materials..all had to be paid for, so the argument that hairdressers have their premises! well so do Plumbers, electricians, builders, joiners...and people still whinge and moan when they are charged £30.00 pr hour..go to a solicitor see what you get charged !!!! or an accountant !!

Afraid you're wrong there for the most part !!! boss I used to work for had at least 3 new vans, a workshop, liability insurance, materials..all had to be paid for, so the argument that hairdressers have their premises! well so do Plumbers, electricians, builders, joiners...and people still whinge and moan when they are charged £30.00 pr hour..go to a solicitor see what you get charged !!!! or an accountant !!

Solicitors and handyman charges comparison? Nob

You can get liability insurance for £120 a year, I think the point being made was there will be some who don't bother with it - who DO work out of the back of an old van

Archived