Jail For Man Who Beat Intruder With Cricket Bat

bluemonday

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m all in favour of punishment being punishment and an ardent critic of the UK so called “justice” system but this time they got it right, though possibly were a bit lenient.

I'm starting to think that this bloke's main crime was being Asian, rather than the supposedly disproportionate response.

His crime was being Asian? I don't understand where you are coming from with that.

I’m all in favour of punishment being punishment and an ardent critic of the UK so called “justice” system but this time they got it right, though possibly were a bit lenient.

I'm starting to think that this bloke's main crime was being Asian, rather than the supposedly disproportionate response.

His crime was being Asian? I don't understand where you are coming from with that.

I think that if he'd been a white middle class rotarian then the judge would have shaken his hand not given him 30 months. As Mollag inadvertently said - sounds like Taliban justice. Don't want those Asians and their "eye for an eye" mentality taking justice into their own hands now do we?

Good on the bloke he should have beat the fucker harder and got his moneys worth.

To break a cricket bat on the scrotes' head the intention is obviously to kill. So the sentence is probably just.

Personally I would have smashed the patellas to shards. Crippled for the rest of your painful life, but obviously no intention to kill - win/win. Difficult to be rational with that ringing in your ears though...

I think that if he'd been a white middle class rotarian then the judge would have shaken his hand not given him 30 months. As Mollag inadvertently said - sounds like Taliban justice. Don't want those Asians and their "eye for an eye" mentality taking justice into their own hands now do we?
Well he did chase after them through the street and then kept smacking this guy round the head enough to cause him brain damage. He was no longer protecting his family but was rather exacting revenge. I don't suppose any judge can determine a sentence without taking that into consideration.

Well he did chase after them through the street and then kept smacking this guy round the head enough to cause him brain damage. He was no longer protecting his family but was rather exacting revenge. I don't suppose any judge can determine a sentence without taking that into consideration.

You have a good point LDV, but I still think it was a little unfair to him considering the emotional damage it did to him/his family. Interesting to see that this didn't stop the person from offending later though.

As I said in my original post - his wife thought their younger child had been killed, and they trussed them up with their hands behind their backs and forced to crawl around their own house on their knees whilst they robbed and beat them.

I'd have certainly kicked the shit out of the bastards. No questions asked I'm afraid.

In my book I think disproportionate is very hard to gauge if your wife is telling you that she thinks one of your children is dead.

Ok, but you are talking about vengeance now, which isn't something that the law allows the public to carry out. Nevertheless, I think if it is the case that he thought his child had been killed then such a response is understandable and should be taken into account when meting out any form of justice.

I have been in the situation where we had found a thief in our home [Douglas] hiding under a bed. My brother and i removed him from the premises, roughly, got him out side, pinned him to the floor and awaited the police who, upon arrival, arrested us!

This was due to the fact that they knew not who were the bad guys.

We were released, without charge because we had used reasonable force to remove and restrain the perp, had we beat the hell out of him just to vent our anger, then we would have been charged with gbh. The thief was deported next day

Yes i feel some sympathy with these guys but they went too far, were found guilty by a jury and should be penalised pro rata. Personally i think their sentence was not so much for the violence but more for the crime of circumventing the legal system which the system will not tolerate.

I have been in the situation where we had found a thief in our home [Douglas] hiding under a bed. My brother and i removed him from the premises, roughly, got him out side, pinned him to the floor and awaited the police who, upon arrival,

I do wonder if it might have been a different story if your brother had not been there with you, you may have used more force if you were on your own just to make sure the guy couldnt get away!

Glad it was all ok for you and nobody was hurt but i for one would not have blamed you for doing what was needed to defend your home or possibly your family.

Tories pledge householder rights

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8423043.stm

A Conservative government would consider strengthening the rights of householders who tackle burglars, the shadow home secretary has said.

Chris Grayling told the Sunday Telegraph the Tories would review the legislation.

It follows the case of Munir Hussain, who was jailed for beating a man who tied up his family in their home.

Tories pledge householder rights

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8423043.stm

A Conservative government would consider strengthening the rights of householders who tackle burglars, the shadow home secretary has said.

Chris Grayling told the Sunday Telegraph Torygraph the Tories would review the legislation.

It follows the case of Munir Hussain, who was jailed for beating trying to kill a man who tied up his family in their home.

Fixed!

Populist bollox for the ballot box. Sure they'll "review" the legislation - and then not do anything! It worries me they might form the next UK "legislation". God help us all...

Archived