The Bees

Mr. Sausages

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exporting Manx bees! How very jolly....

I had these buzzy critters living right by me once, thought they were wasps though and kept away.

And in humans.

I am surprised that you are not horrfied at the thought of Manx Bee's moving overseas and taking jobs from the local bee's who are clearly suffering in difficult times and may need be struggling to make ends meet!?

Surely such emigration of local bees risks opening places for foreign bees to move here and produce honey free from taxation?

And in humans.

I am surprised that you are not horrfied at the thought of Manx Bee's moving overseas and taking jobs from the local bee's who are clearly suffering in difficult times and may need be struggling to make ends meet!?

Surely such emigration of local bees risks opening places for foreign bees to move here and produce honey free from taxation?

The bees are dying out in other places; of course we should share them for the greater good, as long as our population is not depleted. Let's not forget that thanks to overpopulation we depend on food imports which would soon stop if bees elsewhere went extinct. They're an essential part of the ecosystem.

Manx people in the diaspora have a right of return.

Even if, god forbid, they form relationships and have children with non-manx bees? You would allow these half-caste bees onto the Island? Surely they should be subject to some form of control before they start leaching of the local flora and fauna

Manx people in the diaspora have a right of return.

Even if, god forbid, they form relationships and have children with non-manx bees? You would allow these half-caste bees onto the Island? Surely they should be subject to some form of control before they start leaching of the local flora and fauna

There are no "half-castes". Being Manx isn't about racial or ancestral purity; it's a cultural identity, a shared heritage, a way of looking at the world and a way of treating each other. I have said it enough times that you don't need to be born Manx to become Manx. I don't call everyone who comes to the Isle of Man a "comeover"; I reserve that term specifically to those who come here and have no respect for our way of life and seek to impose their own version of how people should live on us, namely to make us little more than another dime-a-dozen UK town.

I'm not narcissistic but I did come out in a bit of a cold sweat when I read the title. Sausages law? Who knows. /shrug

You've good reason to break out in a cold sweat as they're planning to export you to the UK in a ventilated envelope with some icing sugar and half a dozen Corpy drones.

When they get you there they expect you to mate with the Corpy Drones and establish a Manx Colony.......Scary thought eh?

I'm not narcissistic but I did come out in a bit of a cold sweat when I read the title. Sausages law? Who knows. /shrug

You've good reason to break out in a cold sweat as they're planning to export you to the UK in a ventilated envelope with some icing sugar and half a dozen Corpy drones.

When they get you there they expect you to mate with the Corpy Drones and establish a Manx Colony.......Scary thought eh?

It'll sting a bit....

Archived