Jar Bar

oogie boogie

Went there last night and had a brilliant experience.

We had three courses and found each one to be a treat. I had Goats cheese and beetroot to start, Steak for main and dark Chocolate fontant for dessert. Not a bad bill at about £35 per head.

I'll definately be going back.

It's very good there - been a few times - always really friendly and nice food.

• 2 months later...

Went there last night....very impressed.

Started off with a very pleasant guy behind the bar in the downstairs bit...once he realised we were booked for a meal, he sorted us menus, confirmed our arrival etc...slick.

Upstairs, the food was really good. Service was attentive without being intrusive.

Top notch. Not a place you can eat in every week but will definitely be back.

• 11 months later...

Wtf!!!!

Went to this place the other day and had 3 waitresses stood staring at us a metre away from the table whilst eating every course, talk about uncomfortable.

If I wanted this kind of set up I would get put in jurby prison!

Will not be going back on this basis alone.

Surprised to read this. The service is by far the best in any restaurant in the island imo. Unobtrusive but attentive. Were you chewing with yr mouth open or something?:)

I thought it was great last time i was there with Mrs M. Went and got shitfaced in the bar afterwards for double the fun.

The food is great I cannot fault it and have been a good few times before but there is a fine line between servicing the tables well to being over the top.

I dont want 3 waitresses stood directly in front of my table watching me eat every mouth full it is really off putting.

• 4 weeks later...

The food is great I cannot fault it and have been a good few times before but there is a fine line between servicing the tables well to being over the top.

I dont want 3 waitresses stood directly in front of my table watching me eat every mouth full it is really off putting.

No, you're right. For the money they should be feeding you and fanning you with a banana leaf.

No, you're right. For the money they should be feeding you and fanning you with a banana leaf.

You should be able to eat cream cakes off naked waitresses - and even be able to offer them the odd mouthful too - for that kinda money.

Archived