Mezeron & Steam Packet Master Thread

Sean South

was on the Ben yesterday from birkenhead not a lot of freight but tons of cars and what seemed like 300 foot passengers,overheard many people who should have been flying and said st pkt had saved their christmas with their families,again another reason to preserve the lifeline,just wish they could figure a way to make it a manx company again.

was on the Ben yesterday from birkenhead not a lot of freight but tons of cars and what seemed like 300 foot passengers,overheard many people who should have been flying and said st pkt had saved their christmas with their families,again another reason to preserve the lifeline,just wish they could figure a way to make it a manx company again.

I agree with you, but with just one change...

Change: again another reason to preserve THE lifeline

To: again another reason to preserve A lifeline

100 please :rolleyes: roll on. Mind you the SP has 150 already

it's mine???

edit; BOLLOX

Strange, I can only see 38 pages.

Of course, the max is view 40 posts/page so all the "100 pages" lot must still be on the forum default.

I love conspiracy theories Andy but I doubt that. Whilst knowing nothing about boats, ships (or whatever they're called) using three engines out of four does not necessarily give you a big fuel saving so I'm led to believe.

You might very well be right, but...

The issues with a reported crankshaft fault would normally be fixed in situ, with the engine in place. Yes, a regrind of a pin on the shaft can be done this way, it's quite expensive, but can be done.

I'm led to believe that the Lady of Man managed some pretty impressive speeds to Liverpool when new, right up until the fuel costs were tallied up, and then she slowed down to the standard 4+ hours.

And then there's the old saying "Speed is a question of money... How fast can you afford to go?" :D

I saw 8 containers coming off the Ben at Heysham this afternoon 1 Tesco, 2 M&S and 1 Royal Mail. 6 were loaded on before the cars. It was busy with cars and foot passengers. Could be the weather is reducng freight traffic volumes - but not private cars?