Bed & Breakfast Gay Bed Ban

P.K.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the interviews and have read various reports including in legal journals.

The couple say that they did not choose deliberately to set the B&B keepers up. I beleive them

Well John, you could always revise your opinion:

"A gay couple, who successfully sued Christian hotel owners from Marazion for refusing to give them a room, have withdrawn an appeal for more compensation.

Chymorvah Private Hotel owners Peter and Hazelmary Bull were asked to pay £3,600 in damages in January by Bristol County Court in a landmark judgment.

However, yesterday lawyers representing Bristol couple Steven Preddy and Martyn Hall announced their intention to launch an appeal for a bigger settlement.

But today the tax-payer funded Equality and Human Rights Commission, representing the couple, withdrew their claim at the Court of Appeal citing it as an “error of judgment.”

Story here.

I was referring to a televised programme that airs in Texas that has been placed on youtube where a former preacher commented on what he used to do.

Ah yes, a former preacher from such a forward thinking American state as Texas is a much better choice of material to reference to.

Is it the issue of whether this wheelchair thing actually happened that troubling your mind or did you not understand what Chinahand was saying, about responsibility for actions?

I can't really dumb it down anymore for you, Ans. If you cannot understand why that example or any example plucked out of thin air, that never happened, are perfectly acceptable in demonstrating the issue of responsibility then maybe you shouldn't bother trying.

It's a very simply issue. And it's just about whether a person's actions should be judged with recognition of their motivation.

Archived