Connecting A Panasonic Tv To A Media Server Using Dnla?

Anyone able to help me on this? I've got a panasonic plasma which is connected to the internet via a wireless dongle and I can access all the viera cast sites but I can't access my media server running on my pc

I've tried various media servers and non of them show up on my tv

Its going through a netgear router if that's anything to do with it?

Anyone able to help me on this? I've got a panasonic plasma which is connected to the internet via a wireless dongle and I can access all the viera cast sites but I can't access my media server running on my pc

Don't think it can do that, it's just a dedicated link to Vieracast. Mine can't, I access PC content through a Netgear EVA8000 media extender.

Don't think it can do that, it's just a dedicated link to Vieracast. Mine can't, I access PC content through a Netgear EVA8000 media extender.

It can do that, it tells me in the book how to set it up using twonky, you even get a serial key for twonky

Blocked port on your firewall of the media server?

tried that, even tried turning the firewall off

the tv is showinh up on connected devices on the router page, but no servers show up on the tv :(

does your tv support dnla?

seriously?? did you even read the thread? :huh:

try setting twonky on a different port in case its already being used. These has solved media player issues with me several times.

how do i do that?

Can you connect to Twonky from any other device on the network? Laptop etc.

Also, consider installing TVersity instead.

not sure how i can check if i can connect to the twonky server on my laptop?, i've tried tversity too, still doesn't work

Archived