*the Garden Party*

sheswiththeband

Info on this is on the Garden Party Facebook site (if you use FB).

There will be tickets available for sale on the gate (although would have been cheaper to buy online.

No alcohol allowed into performance areas, as these are licensed premises. Alcohol will be allowed to be brought to camping area.

sm-iom

Info on this is on the Garden Party Facebook site (if you use FB).

There will be tickets available for sale on the gate (although would have been cheaper to buy online.

No alcohol allowed into performance areas, as these are licensed premises. Alcohol will be allowed to be brought to camping area.

sm-iom

Many thanks.

What an absolutely fantastic event! We had a great time last night. This was SO well organised, a big floodlit field for parking in, with an attendant who actually spoke and smiled, friendly people on the gate, and a great stage and light show. And all done by local people too - gongrats all round. Highlinght of course was hostile-disco pioneers PLANES OVER PARIS. What an amazing set. Really musical, and absolutely rocking. If you're thinking about going today - do it! The sun is shining and there's loads of great acts on. Have a top day everyone, don't forget the suncream!

I really enjoyed myself listening to all the local talent. Good weather and no trouble,.

Toilets were busy but were kept clean.

I saw beer at £2.50 but much to my dismay and many others it was a can of aweful John Smith's smmooth.

A local bitter on draught would have been much better. Still it saved me money by not buying any more.

Not sure having dogs is the same field where people where sitting down on the grass was a good idea

Overal a goood day out with buses laid on at the end

I took quite a few customers too and from the place - all happy, by the way - but I found there was something very, very strange...

The security guy smiling and being really helpful.

As the advert used to say: "Now that's a refreshing change!"

Was very good. Davy Knowles was excellent and and loved it when the NASA astronauts come on stage!

One point with the Burger Van (which I accept wasn't down to the organisers): A friend queued for around 15-20 minutes to get a burger. The bloke asked the customer in front of the hatch what they wanted. "A burger please". And then proceeded to cook ONE burger. Once that was done, gave it to the customer and went to the next customer. "A burger please". And so cooked one burger........ Completely oblivious to the massive queue forming!

What a great night, was down on the Saturday evening. Was there for the big attraction which of course was the amazing Davy Knowles, yet came away with a great feeling for more of the local talent. Red Gap particularly stuck in my mind, along with The Heights.

Though Davy really knows how to play a home coming gig, it was pretty much perfect. Thought the poor fella was going to cry when the astronauts came on the stage and then proceeded to play Roll Away.

One point with the Burger Van (which I accept wasn't down to the organisers): A friend queued for around 15-20 minutes to get a burger. The bloke asked the customer in front of the hatch what they wanted. "A burger please". And then proceeded to cook ONE burger. Once that was done, gave it to the customer and went to the next customer. "A burger please". And so cooked one burger........ Completely oblivious to the massive queue forming!

I had the same problem, I had to wait 15 minutes to get a portion of chips and I was at the front of the queue! The missus thought I had done a runner. XD

Archived