National Speed Limit

Blade Runner

Do We Need a National Speed Limit? (assume that it will be enforced by the police)  

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think we need one tbh, most people drive sensably and stick to a steady speed, people will ride/drive fast if they want to regardless of what a sign says.

I don't think we need one tbh, most people drive sensibly and stick to a steady speed, people will ride/drive fast if they want to regardless of what a sign says.

MM, do you really think so? My experience of driving over the Mountain Road on any "good weather Sunday" is quite different to that.

Bikes AND a few cars treating the road as a race track when the sun is shining.

I don't think we need one tbh, most people drive sensibly and stick to a steady speed, people will ride/drive fast if they want to regardless of what a sign says.

MM, do you really think so? My experience of driving over the Mountain Road on any "good weather Sunday" is quite different to that.

I do think so yeah, people do ride/drive over the mountian fast, but i believe this is because so much of the island has already been restricted. Just think about a lap of the tt course and think about how much is derestricted, it doesnt mount up to very much. The mountian is the longest stretch of deristricted road we have.

this forum seems to be getting run from an old 8 track more and more recently, stuck with the same old content repeating it's self over and over again.

Issues beng topical come and go... we've just had a pretty bad TT accident wise, I think this is quite worthy of some forum space!

As for the poll - aren;t 4 and 6 the same?

this forum seems to be getting run from an old 8 track more and more recently, stuck with the same old content repeating it's self over and over again.

Issues beng topical come and go... we've just had a pretty bad TT accident wise, I think this is quite worthy of some forum space!

As for the poll - aren;t 4 and 6 the same?

No there not, put your glasses on and read it again.

Sooner or later it will happen. Accidents will continue because no motoring laws can be enforced in every place at every hour of the day. There may, however, be fewer fatalities. I'm in favour of a 60mph limit.

Statistics show a major percentage of crashed dont involve high speed.

Another question is what do you class as a safe speed? as different vehicles handle different at different speeds, take for instance my road bike its hard to move around at low speeds and hurts your wrists until you get abit of speed going, were's my old enduro bike was the other way if you went over 50 it was scary as hell.

I do think so yeah, people do ride/drive over the mountian fast, but i believe this is because so much of the island has already been restricted. Just think about a lap of the tt course and think about how much is derestricted, it doesnt mount up to very much. The mountian is the longest stretch of deristricted road we have.

Other parts of the course/ roads speed restricted matters not.

Why should I be forced to face you, doing over 150mph on your bike, coming toward my family and I, on the way back from the pictures on a nice day?

Other parts of the course/ roads speed restricted matters not.

Why should I be forced to face you, doing over 150mph on your bike, coming toward my family and I, on the way back from the pictures on a nice day?

But because the rest off the island is mainly restricted and people know the only place they can go fast is over the mountian. Im not saying its ok to do it and im not saying i dont do it, but i personally repect other road users and wouldnt ride in a manner that i thought may put other people at risk.

how safe is 30 through one of our villages on a busy day with cars parked either side of the road and lots of people about? Its not so you slow down to a safer speed. Idiots however.....

oh bugger I'm getting dragged in to the endless loop!

Archived