Unfair First Time Buyer Scheme

UnbelievableTekkers

Diligaf - reread my first post? I'm not complaining - I feel like i'm in the clover, just at the expense of some poor kid who can't get started. I tried to explain why some people here wanted an investigation.

The house cost me more than the figure I read somewhere on the thread, but as a general rule don't tend to give out my financials/bank account/sort code on the internet.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but, if the Gov. give you 30% or whatever it was, towards the purchase price and say that when you sell the house they want that % back, it that not reasonable ?

It is in my eyes.

PS, our daughter would love to get the same deal you got, but can't.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diligaf - reread my first post? I'm not complaining - I feel like i'm in the clover, just at the expense of some poor kid who can't get started. I tried to explain why some people here wanted an investigation.

The house cost me more than the figure I read somewhere on the thread, but as a general rule don't tend to give out my financials/bank account/sort code on the internet.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but, if the Gov. give you 30% or whatever it was, towards the purchase price and say that when you sell the house they want that % back, it that not reasonable ?

It is in my eyes.

PS, our daughter would love to get the same deal you got, but can't.

I don't think you're stupid. And I'm sorry about your daughter, but I don't believe she'd be happy with the scheme we got compared to the scheme now and before our's.

I have no idea of the price of my house, because I'm not selling it. Does that make me greedy? greedy for not moving up the ladder and leaving an 'affordable' ( if you can call the housing market affordable ) house, greedy for selling to move up the ladder! damned if I do, damned if I don't? I'm not religious, but this must be what catholics feel like.

Registry records I googled show that 42 Harcroft Meadows sold for £70,500 on 26/06/2001 so I'm not that far out on the numbers at all. Those houses have made shit loads since they were built.

So what was the deal? 30% grant from the government?

Yes. So 30% of £70,500 is £21,150 which might have been the grant. What's a house there worth now? About £275,000? So the 30% pay back if you move is £82,500. It's not bad for an interest free loan over 15 years on an asset that has gone up nearly 400%. Moaning fuckers.

Registry records I googled show that 42 Harcroft Meadows sold for £70,500 on 26/06/2001 so I'm not that far out on the numbers at all. Those houses have made shit loads since they were built.

Yes. So 30% of £70,500 is £21,150 which might have been the grant. What's a house there worth now? About £275,000? So the 30% pay back if you move is £82,500. It's not bad for an interest free loan over 15 years on an asset that has gone up nearly 400%. Moaning fuckers.

Agreed. A small mortgage at the outset and even if they sold and repaid perhaps 180 k of equity to play with. All gifted. I got fucking no help buying and have the debts to prove it.

How am i making 'shit loads' of money if I'm not selling?

You are moaning about your perception of the raw deal you got compared to someone else. When you actually got a great and free deal.

Agreed. A small mortgage at the outset and even if they sold and repaid perhaps 180 k of equity to play with. All gifted. I got fucking no help buying and have the debts to prove it.

That's what I don't get in this. It's "unfair" as apparently nobody got free money. So they actually have to keep owning a house rather than cashing out.

Wow. Hat's off to no. 42 - I didn't pay that little or get that much of a grant. And worth £275,000 you reckon? Fucking hell. No wonder the market is in a shit state.

Wow. Hat's off to no. 42 - I didn't pay that little or get that much of a grant. And worth £275,000 you reckon? Fucking hell. No wonder the market is in a shit state.

I think you've realised you have fuck all to moan about.

You got well fucked over mate, better sue the government for giving you free money to make a 400% return on.

How am i making 'shit loads' of money if I'm not selling?

You are moaning about your perception of the raw deal you got compared to someone else. When you actually got a great and free deal.

FFS!!!! for the last time, I am not moaning! I tried to explain why people are unhappy about the deal they got on the scheme. I know I got a great deal, as detailed in my opening post - grateful everyday. But I'm not looking to move on, or make a killing at the gov's expense to be in effect homeless. My position - not a greedy greedy bastard.

Archived