New Cafe Near The Wheel In Laxey

krafty

just thought i'd stick a big thumbs up for the new cafe up by the wheel in laxey

called in today while passing (slice of cake and cup of tea) it was excellent plus they have a photography exhibition on aswell i cant remember the name balla???????

pop in and give it ago

i tried to find it online but all i found was this

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/cafe_proposal_for_laxey_factory_1_2877513

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean the Corn Mill Cafe?

Grey building with red windows?

My boyfriend works there, it's run by a family friend. It's been a long time in the opening but i can recommend it as a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. defo handy when visiting the wheel!

I'll be sure to ask if they're planning on putting some more info about the place up online because it's been mentioned that it's not all that clear to see its actually there, (lack of signs etc).

Glad you enjoyed your visit though i'll pass on your comments! smile.png

been going quite regular to this place on a saturday lunchtime, service is a little slow but it is new so to be expected. great selection of cakes, good size portions and reasonable priced specials. only thing i would suggest they get is a commercial coffee machine as the home domestic type ones they're using are to slow if busy.

Stewart Clague has done an excellent job and hats of to him for using his wealth for the benefit of others.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived