New Cafe Near The Wheel In Laxey

krafty

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I was there this morning. Stewart Clague, has obviously invested a lot of money into the place. Looks as if the reservoir behind it will be getting refilled in the near future too. Hopefully the water wheel will be working and they use it to produce electricity to power the lights. The exhibition hall was a bit empty, some interesting old photos, but not much else. In all a vast improvement to what was there and a good facility for the village.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just to say that this has not only opened again, but is absolutely thriving. A large group of us had lunch there today in the Balcony Room upstairs. The food was excellent. service was friendly and very good and no one tried to rush us out afterwards.

All in all a very pleasant experience and one that I'd thoroughly recommend.

P.S. The water wheel has been restored, the 'Salmon Room' currently has a motor bike exhibition and the reservoir/pond is looking very good.

Had lunch on Fri, arrived early, grub was good, service very good--we did feel welcome, we could have lingered over some of the tempting desserts but it was heaving with punters by then, I could have sold our table, we gave it up to a very grateful family, I will return I reckon.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
2 hours ago, ecobob said:

I went last week. Overpriced, food very average, long waiting times to get served, apart from that it was marvellous. 

Bugger

Archived