Manx.net Makes Me Queasy

Just been having a peek at the classifieds on Manx.net, at long last they have photos, however is it just me that finds the new Manx.net colour scheme and typograpghy unpleasant , I find the blue to green gradient is especially sickly, and the custom font is really jarring.

I can live with the green but i wonder what took so long... I always used Manx Ads on principal because of the lack of photos.

Hate the colour and the font, just wish they had spent the money on the webmail instead - still not IE9 compliant

I use IE9 and manxnet mail works fine for me. Unless I'm not following you with the "Webmail"

Can you actually open a email? I don't mean read it in the preview window.

You're right Baz, can only preview. Whatever I try to do after that it asks me to say on page or leave page,. Either way can't go any further. I only ever preview webmail on the manxnet homepage away from home, I download mail via outlook when at home.

You're right Baz, can only preview. Whatever I try to do after that it asks me to say on page or leave page,. Either way can't go any further. I only ever preview webmail on the manxnet homepage away from home, I download mail via outlook when at home.

I don't personally use the webmail interface myself but my job involves me working with lots of people that do. If you press the stay on page button 9 times the email will eventually open but that is just a balls ache for every email. I reported that to Manx.net the first day IE9 went public, they claim its a Microsoft scripting problem and it's down to Microsoft to release a patch for IE9 to fix it. Saying all this, they have improved it, you can now at least reply and forward emails, you couldn't before, every action prompted the stay on page or leave page button.

I heard today from a mate at work that manx net block Outlook access from wimanx. He cant access his work emails through Outlook when at home and when he spoke to wimanx tec support they told him manx net block it.

I thought it was illegal, well the UK government told isps they arent to give preferential bandwidth to their own services and had to comply with the open internet.Mind you're not in the UK so I guess its another of those strange practices supposedly to protect the islanders but in fact just protect a small handful of share holders and allow them to exploit the other 80,000 people living on the island.

Archived