Plastic Bank Notes On Bbc News

bishbashbosh

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plastic ones were definately green, the paper ones which took over from them were purple though.

The original paper Manx notes and the plastic ones which succeeded them were both purple, I'm afraid. It was only BoE £1 notes which were green.

Try looking at the pictures on the previous page? rolleyes.gif

Try looking at the pictures on the previous page?

? What pictures on the previous page - the only thing you can be referring to is in the BBC link and that picture is a Canadian note.

See http://www.polymernotes.org/ for a picture of a Manx polymer £1 note.

The Manx notes on that page you linked to are green! You're either stupid or colour blind.

The Manx notes on that page you linked to are green! You're either stupid or colour blind.

Ah - lilac on the front and green on the back so we are both half right. Polymer notes could use different colours on back/front, unlike the paper notes which were lilac on both sides.

So, if I am stupid or colour blind so are you.

People who live in glass houses...........

No there's a tiny bit of lilac on the front but the majority of the front & all the back is green. There is considerably more white on them than there is lilac, they are green & you were wrong.

Why do I bother? It ain't me that's colour blind! Try checking the colour spec on the polymer.org site.

Are the IOM plastic £1 notes worth much to collectors these days? I have 10 all sequentially numbered.

Given the price of oil these days they may be worth more melted down for the chemicals!

However...there was a post some time ago to say that the Manx paper £1.00 notes were being bought by collectors for a premium so your plastic ones should be a real collector's item. Of course it depends how often you laundered them.

I do love the Manx £1 note - the ultimate way of stopping people in England wittering on about how much better sterling is than the euro. Pull out a few Manx notes over there and offer to pay with them. All of a sudden you discover that the Sterling Area is strictly limited to England and English banknotes.

I was told once by a rather indignant English person, when I asked if they accepted Manx notes, that they would only accept notes with the words 'Sterling' on them - he really did not like it when I mentioned that on that basis they could not be paid with English notes as they did not have the magical word on them.

BTW if you happen to have clean, unfolded €100 notes whose serial number commences with 'T' dealers have been buying these for €150. The T means that they are Irish issued €100s and apparently they were only printed in very small numbers in the early 2000s.

I have to say my memory is just of them being green. The picture kindly posted on the boards look pretty much green on both sides, but one side of the note on the polymernotes.org site looks kind of lilac mixed with green.

Guess I need to see one in the flesh.

http://www.polymernotes.org/images/pics400/IOMS1F.jpg

Dissapointing how rarely you get pound notes these days :(

Archived