The Only Honest Uk Politician......

Lxxx

whats the latest news on iceland ???

Good question, and there is a reason you won't read about it in the mainstream media.

http://www.truth-out...-not/1322327303

Not in the 'mainstream media?

http://blogs.telegra...viking-victory/

http://www.wiltsglos...tshire_Council/

http://www.aljazeera...4757624586.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/iceland-makes-fledgling-recovery-from-its-economic-meltdown/2012/01/12/gIQAW1q83P_story.html

They all seem pretty 'mainstream' to me.

The internet is a wonderful thing, and I am sure you could find more if you spent the time scouring around looking for it. Will you see it on Newsnight? Or a Panarama documentary? Or splashed over the front pages of the Financial Times? The whole world's media can't ignore it totally, but it won't be headline news.

Being pedantic and able to use a search engine doesn't make you bright nor smart.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The internet is a wonderful thing, and I am sure you could find more if you spent the time scouring around looking for it. Will you see it on Newsnight? Or a Panarama documentary? Or splashed over the front pages of the Financial Times? The whole world's media can't ignore it totally, but it won't be headline news.

Being pedantic and able to use a search engine doesn't make you bright nor smart.

Neither does making ridiculous claims that information is only available from obscure (Internet) sources.

And, yes, there is plenty of information on the subject in the 'mainstream'. It may not be splashed over front pages but it is, and has been, available from such as the BBC Business News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17075011

or the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/nov/15/lessons-from-iceland-people-power

Unlike you, I don't pretend to be brighter or smarter than I am - but I'm bright and smart enough to know that many of the conspiracy theories you espouse are as real as the tooth fairy.

Neither does making ridiculous claims that information is only available from obscure (Internet) sources.

And, yes, there is plenty of information on the subject in the 'mainstream'. It may not be splashed over front pages but it is, and has been, available from such as the BBC Business News

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-17075011

or the Guardian

http://www.guardian....nd-people-power

Unlike you, I don't pretend to be brighter or smarter than I am - but I'm bright and smart enough to know that many of the conspiracy theories you espouse are as real as the tooth fairy.

As I said previous, the web is a hive of information should people want to go out and find it, however your average joe has neither the time nor the inclination to do so and will resort to the traditional print and television media. It's not a conspiracy (theory or otherwise) that you won't see Iceland being held up as an example as what happens when countries (in recent times) oppose the international bankers and their austerity measures, and the success that can come from it. It's merely a fact that it isn't given the coverage that it ought to be considering the present situation with Greece, for reasons patently obvious.

Farage is very good at criticising the EU because of its lack of democracy, which is good but the problem is that he talks of the British parliamentary system as if that is democratic. He appears to be more motivated by nationalism, but that's not surprising given his political party.

Farage is very good at criticising the EU because of its lack of democracy, which is good but the problem is that he talks of the British parliamentary system as if that is democratic. He appears to be more motivated by nationalism, but that's not surprising given his political party.

Farage isn't perfect by a long shot. I would like to say at least he is attempting to voice the opinions of the British people, but unfortunately most are more concerned about what's happening on Coronation Street to be noticing that democracy is disappearing down the toilet.

He is very, very far from perfect. What I am saying is that if he is judged alone for stating how undemocratic the EU is then fine. He is right. It is very undemocratic and he is far more vocal than any other politician about this.

But Farage is a UKIP politician and a member of the British parliamentary system. It's a bit of a joke for someone to be so concerned about democracy when you're a British politician.

Also, he is an opportunist. It works well for him that the public dislike the Euro given the propaganda surrounding it from euro-sceptics. And to whip up the matter of referenda and EU failings works brilliantly for him. But his political party and OTHER members of the elite are as responsible for conveying a particular idea of the EU and keeping the general public dumb.

Democracy isn't disappearing down the toilet because the people have never had much experience of a democracy. Who gives a shit if people in the Euro makes decisions when the British public had no input on decisions when a British government decided such things.

Most matters have always remained well out of the hands of the public.

He is very, very far from perfect. What I am saying is that if he is judged alone for stating how undemocratic the EU is then fine. He is right. It is very undemocratic and he is far more vocal than any other politician about this.

But Farage is a UKIP politician and a member of the British parliamentary system. It's a bit of a joke for someone to be so concerned about democracy when you're a British politician.

Also, he is an opportunist. It works well for him that the public dislike the Euro given the propaganda surrounding it from euro-sceptics. And to whip up the matter of referenda and EU failings works brilliantly for him. But his political party and OTHER members of the elite are as responsible for conveying a particular idea of the EU and keeping the general public dumb.

Democracy isn't disappearing down the toilet because the people have never had much experience of a democracy. Who gives a shit if people in the Euro makes decisions when the British public had no input on decisions when a British government decided such things.

Most matters have always remained well out of the hands of the public.

I agree. Democracy was always an illusion to keep the masses from revolting anyway.

On the subject of Farage I rather think he is being indulged to give the impression that there is someone fighting against the EU superstate juggernaut. He says the right things, hits the right nerve but is only ever a tiny wasp buzzing round the lions head, so to speak. He's no threat so just let him be.

Well what happens to Greece today will be the UK tomorrow

Cobblers. Do you have *any* idea what the alternative is to the bailout fund actually is? As has been said many times, if Greece defaults the consequences will be far, far worse.

This is not about democracy, it's about mature fiscal management.

Does mature fiscal management mean reducing the potential for growth in Greece over the next decade? Creating even more unemployed (already around 20%) which therefore increases benefit expenditure? Reducing support the the elderly, students, unemployed, single parents and the disabled? How will this help the Greek economy? It may help the German economy and help repay some of the dates for a little while but that's all. I hear that the EU are now trying to postpone the elections in Greece - they know that if the elections are held then more extreme parties will (rightly) win and will go back on all of the repayment agreements. This is democracy and it's time Greece told the IMF, EU and its creditors to go fuck themselves (as Argentina did).

Well what happens to Greece today will be the UK tomorrow

Cobblers. Do you have *any* idea what the alternative is to the bailout fund actually is? As has been said many times, if Greece defaults the consequences will be far, far worse.

This is not about democracy, it's about mature fiscal management.

Does mature fiscal management mean reducing the potential for growth in Greece over the next decade? Creating even more unemployed (already around 20%) which therefore increases benefit expenditure? Reducing support the the elderly, students, unemployed, single parents and the disabled? How will this help the Greek economy? It may help the German economy and help repay some of the dates for a little while but that's all. I hear that the EU are now trying to postpone the elections in Greece - they know that if the elections are held then more extreme parties will (rightly) win and will go back on all of the repayment agreements. This is democracy and it's time Greece told the IMF, EU and its creditors to go fuck themselves (as Argentina did).

+1. It's come to something when 'economies' and 'growth' and 'mature fiscal management' whatever the hell that is come to mind to be more important than humanity and respect for fellow citizens of the world.

• 1 year later...

Just couldn't resist resurrecting this one, given his 'meltdown' in Scotland.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-hits-back-at-fascist-hecklers-in-edinburgh-pub-8619819.html

"See you, Nige!"

The mainstream media still up to their old tricks, branding UKIP as a "racist" party despite the fact that it isn't --- but no worries, few will bother to delve deeper, and will just believe whatever a left-wing rag like the Independent tells them.

Just couldn't resist resurrecting this one, given his 'meltdown' in Scotland.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-hits-back-at-fascist-hecklers-in-edinburgh-pub-8619819.html

"See you, Nige!"

If I was him I'd be quite flattered that people went out of their way to heckle him. It means he's actually making some waves in this dead political vacuum we have at the moment.

Archived