The Only Honest Uk Politician......

Lxxx

I find Farage funny when he is berating Barosso in the EU Parliament. I enjoy listening to him. And in general he seems like the sort of person who would be fun company.

But here is the thing: Farage has said many times in interviews that he is basically a libertarian and that in this respect (he has said) he is out of step with most of the people who support UKIP (and they do seem in general to be reactionary little englanders and dullards - certainly not libertarian or open minded in any sense). He has said that his own beliefs could never become UKIP policy.

As a libertarian he presumably supports free trade and the free movement of capital, goods, people etc. In this respect I do wonder what UKIP is all about since Farage seems to have very little in common with his party.

Farage, it appears to me, is increasingly looking like the pied piper for increasingly dissatisfied voters fed up with the 3-in-1 party we have in the UK. I can't help feeling he is controlled opposition now, cajoling the disgruntled into a right wing party which can eventually be brought to heel by the bought and paid for media whenever they see fit.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been very lucky in my job life. I have a passion for the job I do, and although not fantasticly paid I managed to build up to a decent wage over time ( not talking mega bucks here)

I lost all that when I was made redundant. The result..... I now work legally in another country for a fraction of the wage I was getting in the IOM.

I am an economic migrant. If the IOM have no need for my skills someone else will. It works both ways.

We all know manx connected people who have went off to live their dream on foreign shores. I know of 5. Three of them are on my FB.

For the record I only have an HNC.

If you have a UK degree, I would suggest rather than sit at home voting for UKIP, you should get on the web and find a job.

Go get a TEFL. Get on a plane and broaden your horizons rather than sit at home and broaden your arse in front of a computer.

Please dont sit at home and say UKIP is your saviour. They will only make it worse.

I have been very lucky in my job life. I have a passion for the job I do, and although not fantasticly paid I managed to build up to a decent wage over time ( not talking mega bucks here)

I lost all that when I was made redundant. The result..... I now work legally in another country for a fraction of the wage I was getting in the IOM.

I am an economic migrant. If the IOM have no need for my skills someone else will. It works both ways.

We all know manx connected people who have went off to live their dream on foreign shores. I know of 5. Three of them are on my FB.

For the record I only have an HNC.

If you have a UK degree, I would suggest rather than sit at home voting for UKIP, you should get on the web and find a job.

Go get a TEFL. Get on a plane and broaden your horizons rather than sit at home and broaden your arse in front of a computer.

Please dont sit at home and say UKIP is your saviour. They will only make it worse.

Wow, where did that come from?

Lxxx... just pissed off with the ever complaining TJ.

He seems to think everyone except him has it hard. It just pisses me off that someone who has had it so good seems to think he deserves it all to be handed to him on a plate.

If he had the balls he would go out and do things, rather than just complain about things not being done for him.

As you know, I enjoy good debate, but he takes the piss.

By the way Lxx, I am a 32nd degree........thumbsup.gif

Alan I don't think anyone really has that much of a huge problem with 'economic migrants'. UKIP don't want to shut down any and all immigration, don't they just want it more properly regulated?. I have no doubt many migrants come to work and contribute positively, we can all see that every day. But what about the scroungers and career criminals who don't get it so easy in their home countries?. And yes we do have our own scroungers and career criminals but they are our own problem for us to deal with.

If I immigrated to the UK from Eastern Europe with the intention of working and my neighbour came along to with no intention of working and was allowed to do so freely then I as an immigrant would be somewhat pi$$ed off and confused to say the least.

But according to some people he would be racist towards himself to think that way.

That's just the way I feel, not speaking for or representing UKIP, because on here we have a tendency to draw those sort of conclusions quite rapidly.

Lxxx... just pissed off with the ever complaining TJ.

He seems to think everyone except him has it hard. It just pisses me off that someone who has had it so good seems to think he deserves it all to be handed to him on a plate.

If he had the balls he would go out and do things, rather than just complain about things not being done for him.

As you know, I enjoy good debate, but he takes the piss.

By the way Lxx, I am a 32nd degree........thumbsup.gif

Excellent. I shall now rename you 'Protractor.'

Why would he be racist Ruger?

I am subject to racisim every day as an imigrant. Does it make me racist that I recognise racism?

I don't know I was hoping you could help, many believe that if you don't welcome anyone and everyone from different countries then you are a racist. Hell even the Labour party are being labelled as "right wing" and "racist" by the same groups who organised the attack on Farage, just for some members simply suggesting that they got things wrong. I'd like to try and understand why people think this way.

The 'Average Joe/Josephine', a potential voter with a scant interest in politics, sit's at home, having his/her tea, watching the evening news, Cameron, or Clegg, or some other plummy-voiced suit appears on the screen, waffling-on in crisp, 'Eton' tones, about the budget, the banks, tax-havens, making vague politicised statements about this or that, in a language most people don't really understand, effectively stultifying the average listener who begins to hear the same repetitve drone, time after time.

This average Joe/Josephine, is concerned about immigration, the interest-rates, financial-downturn, being (un)employed, but by now accepts that there's little they can do, even by casting a vote, nothing really seems to change; it's all doom and gloom, boom and bust, (who do you trust?), so, (as in the Isle of Man particularly) they just don't bother because it's the same shit, different day and the millionare-rich Barristers, Lawyers, Land-owners, business-men, 'hand-in-glove', old-boy network will continue to call the shots, spinning-it their way, mutually assuring their continued existence as a ruling-elite.

What chance of any real change, when a great deal of the electorate inhabit a political vacuum, either struggling to get by, with all the usual worries, or just managing to save few pounds, climbing the property-ladder, up-grading the car...?

How much time is left, for critical political consideration, about the things that really matter to you, your family, social 'class' (the 'class' structure is still firmly, obelisk-like, in place, it's just become a little blurred at the edges)?

Not many will switch off, 'x-factor', 'Eastenders', 'Coronation street', 'Jeremy Kyle', ' MotoGp' the elite-ist 'Downton Abbey' plus all the other important distractions, to dicuss the virtues of their political representatives, or the importance of having a say and voting by shrewd consideration of manifesto and general presentation of each candidate they have to choose from, whether they be MP's or local politicians/MHK's! Politics is boring, it holds no attraction to the majority of the masses, or any burgeoning 'instant-gratification' generation, in the UK or (especially) the IoM.

Then, along comes Nigel Farage, jovial, avuncular Nige, man of the'people', an everyman who appeals to the nationalistic tendencies of the right, who've felt rather ignored and marginalised, seeing 'multiculturalism' as another failed social experiment and like what they hear from NF's stance and policy on immigration.

He's saying it's time the British Bulldog put its teeth back in, spinning an 'Agincourt' attitude to 'Johnny Foreigner', sticking two-fingers up to the Eurozone and telling us all that what you see is what you get. He has a certain appeal, and stirring-up the masses with his rhetoric and apparent fearlessness in touching on the subjects that others seem either too politically-correct or culturally-sensitive to debate; it's almost like cornering a niche market.

The recent election results quietly shook the 'Establishment', and UKIP's sudden popularity in the UK hasn't gone un-noticed in the Eurozone, especially those new, and up-coming entrants to it.

The Left, Right and Centre media scrummage, spinning UKIP/NF's success any way they wish, is creating much-needed attention on NF, even the more obvious negative appraisals, it's all publicity.

Honest? Probably, but there's definitely something of the night about him. He didn't present well on the recent Scotland visit, his shaky handling of the hecklers showed him crack a little under pressure; this may be his achilles-heel or just part of a learning-curve for honing the eventual image. Either way, he and UKIP continue to flourish, at least for a now, though my own thoughts are that a UKIP government might leave even more mess behind it than the British did at Dunkirk.....

Great post Quilp, and thanks for taking the time to set down your thoughts. I think that UKIP is a good thing right now, and whilst I wouldn't typically vote for them, I probably would at the next election (if I had a vote), just to help revive the near corpse of British politics. I certainly wouldn't be voting for any of the other parties as whilst my instinct is towards Labour I think that Milliband has been a disastrous choice as leader. We need a shake-up and realignment in British politics, and whilst I wouldn't trust Farage, he's at least a breath of fresh air. That Diane James is rather attractive too !

Great post Quilp, and thanks for taking the time to set down your thoughts. I think that UKIP is a good thing right now, and whilst I wouldn't typically vote for them, I probably would at the next election (if I had a vote), just to help revive the near corpse of British politics. I certainly wouldn't be voting for any of the other parties as whilst my instinct is towards Labour I think that Milliband has been a disastrous choice as leader. We need a shake-up and realignment in British politics, and whilst I wouldn't trust Farage, he's at least a breath of fresh air. That Diane James is rather attractive too !

Mainly agree though Quilp meanders and struggles to come to a conclusion.

I should like to summarise your post thus.

UKIP good.

British politics - corpse

Miliband - hopeless zombie

Farage - 2nd hand car salesman but at least he didn't go to eton

Vote UKIP because Diane James is shaggable

zorro.gif

Archived