New Speed Limit

Burt

Good, 70mph all island would be great imo, but its a subject gone over and over and until some sense arrives nothing will change.

Although I agree that an all island speed limit would be a good thing I cant say that 70mph would be good.

70mph is the speed limit on motorways which do not tend to have blind junctions and corners that tighten as you go round, 60mph would be a starting point, the same as the UK A roads but even those are far more straight forward to read ahead on than our local roads.

I have driven in the channel isles and their roads are more akin to ours and they have a 40mph limit, thats what we should be looking at.

Maybe I should start a new topic with a Poll, again? ;-)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driving back from the south today, I notice that it's now 50 mph limit from Ballasalla right through to fort north. Is this permanent or just while something gets done? Next thing is an all island limit you know.

If you are talking about the main road, I think you will find that you are wrong. The "end of restriction" / "National speed limit applies", is still in the same place as you leave Ballasalla and the 50mph starts at Ballaglonny (sp) Bridge. I use that road often and have seen no change to any limit.

Also I'm surprised nobody has jumped in and called you a menace to society yet laugh.png

Res ipsa loquitur.

I think they already consider me to be a menace to society regardless of how fast I travel to do it.wink.png

Driving back from the south today, I notice that it's now 50 mph limit from Ballasalla right through to fort north. Is this permanent or just while something gets done? Next thing is an all island limit you know.

If you are talking about the main road, I think you will find that you are wrong. The "end of restriction" / "National speed limit applies", is still in the same place as you leave Ballasalla and the 50mph starts at Ballaglonny (sp) Bridge. I use that road often and have seen no change to any limit.

No, definately had 50 signs (albeit taped on) on what is the national speed sign out off Ballasalla. Also the one entering the fairy bridge area had a 50 taped to it. Presume it was temperary for raod works.

Er... I drove that road today and I'm with dilligaf, didn't see what you saw Burt

Deffo there last week, two of us in the wagon saw it and commented. That was last week though, drove it today myself and all was as before.

Archived