Chef Caught Wanking

cheeky boy

I'm no prude, but I do find it odd that so many on here seem to think masturbating in public is acceptable.

I also don't think you can blame the police here, if someone reports a crime they are obliged to investigate. If those investigations lead to criminal activity they are obliged to intervene, its not the police who decide whether to prosecute.

I have to say I agree with you. That lane is overlooked by an office block and how can anyone think it's acceptable to pop outside and crack one off when even an idiot might guess that you'd be seen. It's certainly not a good idea for your business either is it having people that might be eating food you sell watching your chef crack one off in a lane. The guy deserves all he gets in afraid.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the AG's Chambers that are the wankers in this case. What an absolute waste of a legal education and waste of resources all at the taxpayers expense. But I doubt anyone involved in the prosecution process believes they are culpable. Jobsworths..... the lot of them.

Why? The AG's chambers have presumably to judge if it appears tha an offence has been committed and if there is enough evidence to secure a prosecution. I do not see it as there job to decide if it is worth the resources to prosecute. If we do not like the law we should try and get it changed, although I am not sure that there will be a huge level of support for a billin favour of wanking in public. It should not be down to the police or AG office to arbitarily decide which laws they uphold and which they do not

You get burgled they catch the thief. Would you be happy if the AG said it is a waste of our resources to prosecute.

Next time you go down Strand street or any public area where there are pubs or bars at night where a guy has his tackle out having a piss call the police. Then witness the inaction. Having your tackle out in public is an offence.

The point is that the punishment is disproportionate.

I don't think you can argue that an offence has been committed here. If a police officer had been the one who caught the lad, he may have told him to put it away? The fact is that two members of the public called the police to complain and they are forced to go through the motions with the legal procedure. We could easily be having the argument that the police don't take these things seriously enough so it is a fine line!

He had to pay the costs of £125.

You get burgled they catch the thief. Would you be happy if the AG said it is a waste of our resources to prosecute.

A neighbour had a bag stolen from his house, with a laptop, cash, passport and other stuff in it. He informed the police and did a bit of his own enquiries. It turned out that the lad who entered the house was seen and known by a neighbour. The police were told the name of the guy. Their reponse was that if that was him, we'll get nothing out of him.

They didn't even fucking. I'll say that again - they didn't even fucking try.

Another neighbour reported a serious fraud to the police. The police told him that after they had given their report the AG had said No Further Action. You know - it transpired that the police hadn't even contacted the AG.

And yet a guy nips out the back, probably thinking in private, for a wank and the fuckers are all over him.

The argument isn't what other offences have the police done fuck all about it's whether the the guy in the back lane was commiting an offence , and as a few people here have already pointed out having your cock out in public does tend to be frowned upon let alone in the throes of a 5 knuckle shuffle . For fucks sake it was 1050 in the morning in front of a fucking office block just behind one of the busier streets in Douglas it's a pretty safe bet that somebody would see what is going on and possibly take exception , especially if the people complaining had just eaten in the restaurant the guy works in .

A neighbour had a bag stolen from his house, with a laptop, cash, passport and other stuff in it. He informed the police and did a bit of his own enquiries. It turned out that the lad who entered the house was seen and known by a neighbour. The police were told the name of the guy. Their reponse was that if that was him, we'll get nothing out of him.

They didn't even fucking. I'll say that again - they didn't even fucking try.

Another neighbour reported a serious fraud to the police. The police told him that after they had given their report the AG had said No Further Action. You know - it transpired that the police hadn't even contacted the AG.

And yet a guy nips out the back, probably thinking in private, for a wank and the fuckers are all over him.

Yeah can't get anymore private than a lane in public in the middle of the day. Damn hand wringers getting all uppity about having a wank in broad daylight

It's the AG's Chambers that are the wankers in this case. What an absolute waste of a legal education and waste of resources all at the taxpayers expense. But I doubt anyone involved in the prosecution process believes they are culpable. Jobsworths..... the lot of them.

Why? The AG's chambers have presumably to judge if it appears tha an offence has been committed and if there is enough evidence to secure a prosecution. I do not see it as there job to decide if it is worth the resources to prosecute. If we do not like the law we should try and get it changed, although I am not sure that there will be a huge level of support for a billin favour of wanking in public. It should not be down to the police or AG office to arbitarily decide which laws they uphold and which they do not

You're right it shouldn't. However I do believe these laws should be upheld with a little bit of common sense. Firstly, as Gladys rightly points out, who the hell would call the police in such a situation? It beggars belief.

Secondly the copper arriving on the scene should have had the wit to deal with it there & then. The lad didn't try to deny it, presumably didn't realise he was being watched & if spoken to sternly - perhaps even issued with a caution - is highly unlikely to do it again.

Thirdly, who gains from this prosecution? The lad suffers massive humiliation & financial costs. The taxpayer suffers huge costs in the form of police & fat cat lawyer's time. I can't imagine anyone is any more deterred from wanking in the street than they would have been before & the people of the island have exactly the same chance of seeing someone wanking in the street as they did before ie. virtually no chance.

And all because a couple of office workers or whoever decided that phoning the police would bring some excitement to their otherwise dull lives.

Surely, if you were in the office block all you needed to do was knock on the window and call "oi! Wanker!" at him. That'd be bound to make him stop & be chastening experience.

Calling the police & prosecuting him leading to the matter being reported and widely discussed is going to reduce his chances of finding a girlfriend and make a repeat offence more likely.

I'm no prude, but I do find it odd that so many on here seem to think masturbating in public is acceptable.

I also don't think you can blame the police here, if someone reports a crime they are obliged to investigate. If those investigations lead to criminal activity they are obliged to intervene, its not the police who decide whether to prosecute.

Yes, you're are right. It is the people who report it and way of dealing with such things that is the problem.

Surely, if you were in the office block all you needed to do was knock on the window and call "oi! Wanker!" at him. That'd be bound to make him stop & be chastening experience.

Calling the police & prosecuting him leading to the matter being reported and widely discussed is going to reduce his chances of finding a girlfriend and make a repeat offence more likely.

It is a great shame that there are so few good samaritans on our island, if he was seen by loads of people surely someone could have offered to lend him a hand.

Of course it's not acceptable. Just because some think that there has been disproportionate response from the police and judiciary doesn't mean that it's therefore acceptable or not an offence. I'm sure the police have to make judgements all the time as to taking things further. It just depends on the offender and the exact circumstances. I can only go on what I've read but from that, I just can't believe how this admittedly stupid act has been punished. FFS, nobody's been hurt or lost anything, they've just been offended. Taking offence at anything is optional.

Why don't people just admit they are looking for a moan? if this guy hadn't been prosecuted and it had been told to someone by the man down the pub the same people saying it's over the top would be saying why wasn't he prosecuted it's a disgrace etc etc.

Archived