X-Com Enemy Unknown

Tarne

This remake is out in two weeks, and I've just played the demo.

I was a big fan of the old X-COM games, and from what I've seen this is going to be pretty damn good. Anyone else picking it up?

THis version is more in tune with the original X-Com games, but I do remeber seeing a FPS version set in the 50's. Did anyone else see that?

The X-Com FPS has been put on the back burner from what I have read, don't think it was cancelled though, also think it was a different company to the strategy game? Seems odd for the licence to have been given to 2 wildly different games though. The FPS looked like an ok game but the use of the franchise name irked me.

Enemy Unknown looks really good, I would normally have picked it up on release by finances are tighter than normal and its a game I can see being £20 within a month or so. I lost nearly a whole summer to X-Com Terror From The Deep on the PS1

Apocalypse and Interceptor were the last ones and they were 1997/1998. Enforcer was the real last one, but was a third person arcadey shooter, so I don't really class that as it.

Edit: Unless you mean the UFO Afterlight series? They weren't the same unfortunately, though they did take inspiration from it.

Archived