Slim

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes there is that demoralising aspect of it.... I think OwenC had the measure of it, just use it as a goal and purpose to going out and walking and exploring

Using a gps location spoofer.

You could pretend to be in Heysham, energise a portal and get ot's key, then do the same in ireland and north wales and you could enclose the whole of the island in a huge field biggrin.png

Also, if you saw one of your portals under attack you could magically get in range of it and defend it sad.png

If you were banned for doing it why wasn't he/her

Using a gps location spoofer.

You could pretend to be in Heysham, energise a portal and get ot's key, then do the same in ireland and north wales and you could enclose the whole of the island in a huge field biggrin.png

Also, if you saw one of your portals under attack you could magically get in range of it and defend it sad.png

If you were banned for doing it why wasn't he/her

Mostly guessing because it's not open source, but it probably has some basic cheat detection that he is evading. Either via using less common apps to spoof, or using some sort of blocker.

• 1 month later...

Having played it a bit more now and seen the wickeds in action I am not sure they are cheating but they are very dedicated to playing it and with a team of them with high levels it's making it very hard to play against them and level up

Having played it a bit more now and seen the wickeds in action I am not sure they are cheating but they are very dedicated to playing it and with a team of them with high levels it's making it very hard to play against them and level up

We've watched them capture a portal on the other side of Douglas while they were sitting in their shop...

I've not witnessed them cheat so I can't comment

I just know that it's made Ramsey a fruitless experience for me as they swoop in once every couple of weeks and fully mod portals so I can't touch them with my piddly level 6 attacks

I wonder what they get out of it - it must be boring for them now

I often wonder that for all kinds of cheating (I play far too many online games). I think it's being able to beat someone else who's putting in effort without putting in any yourself, and knowing that it will frustrate them.

Takes all sorts I spose.

I often wonder that for all kinds of cheating (I play far too many online games). I think it's being able to beat someone else who's putting in effort without putting in any yourself, and knowing that it will frustrate them.

Takes all sorts I spose.

game play trolling?

I never understood the people who used aimbot etc on MW either.....

Having said that I have been known to occasionally add a second manager into my Football Manager game and make a few suspect transfer moves.... I'm only human and really only cheating myself

Takes all sorts I spose.

game play trolling?

I never understood the people who used aimbot etc on MW either.....

Having said that I have been known to occasionally add a second manager into my Football Manager game and make a few suspect transfer moves.... I'm only human and really only cheating myself

That's more role playing a second manager as a complete moron rather than cheating.. :)

Archived