53 Weeks In A Year Now?

KINGORRY

I received the Onchan Tenants Newsletter today and I am gobsmacked (to say the least) that we now have to pay for 53 weeks of rent per year instead of the normal 52 weeks. They state that because rents are due on a Monday, there are 53 Mondays in the calender year. Just another day in paradise.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received the Onchan Tenants Newsletter today and I am gobsmacked (to say the least) that we now have to pay for 53 weeks of rent per year instead of the normal 52 weeks. They state that because rents are due on a Monday, there are 53 Mondays in the calender year. Just another day in paradise.

Dear dear dear, ........ shakes head.

53 week years can happen, it will not happen every year, its a bit like the extra day we get in a leap year in February, every 4 years or so, our calendars dont exactly work with the actual time taken for the sun to orbit the earth. thumbsup.gif

Hmmm - Interesting facts and figures there guys. Maybe I should present these findings to my Employer - afterall I get paid a salary based on 52 weeks. Bring back the old days when we got our wages in cash, in a brown envelope on a Friday afternoon. Knew where we were then and if we ran short of money we would know it wouldn't be that long to wait until the next pay day.

Terminal - I would point out that a friend of mine pays less for his mortgage than I do for my rent. Plus the fact that we have to pay 1 weeks rent in advance, this now makes it 54 weeks. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Terminal - I would point out that a friend of mine pays less for his mortgage than I do for my rent. Plus the fact that we have to pay 1 weeks rent in advance, this now makes it 54 weeks. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I'm guessing they'll have been paying that mortgage off for a long time though for it to be at level that is less than local authority rental rates?

A few years ago some pensioners paid on a monthly basis got 14 months pension in the tax year.

I could not work that one out - even at the time - although checking the calendar they really did get 14 months that year.

I don't smoke. If I did, it would cost more every month than your rent does.

Hmmm - Interesting facts and figures there guys. Maybe I should present these findings to my Employer - afterall I get paid a salary based on 52 weeks. Bring back the old days when we got our wages in cash, in a brown envelope on a Friday afternoon. Knew where we were then and if we ran short of money we would know it wouldn't be that long to wait until the next pay day.

What difference does it make if you paid weekly or monthly. It's the same amount of money but you get 4 weeks worth in one lot. If you can't work out how much to budget per week, more fool you. I love the old codgers bleating about how good it was in the old days...

"Oh, it was all better when we suffered in our work, our winters were colder than yours, our work was more back breaking, oh how I wish we could go back to those better days we were happy with winter work schemes and nowt but cabbage soup for the young uns.. it's all changed for the worse..."

How much do you think my rent is?

How much do you think my rent is?

About £400 a month?

Archived