Canon 7D

GD4ELI

Yes, first really decent day of the year. I was just down there with the dog; the coot was swimming about in the lake while 'er indoors was on the nest.

laax_01.jpg

It's a great shame that I can't post the originals here, seem to always get resized sad.png

Anyway glorious sun, 7D + 400mm/f5.6 (plus spaniel dancing around my heels). IS would be nice on this lens at times, also I wonder where my Manfrotto monopod is?

http://www.ham-radio.ch/pics/img_0234.jpg

http://www.ham-radio.ch/pics/img_0242.jpg

I'm waiting for the sun now, still bloody raining sad.png

Having just booked flight and car to visit the rock in June I may well bring it with me.

I thought one of the major selling points for the 7d is that it is weather proofed :-)

Yes, first really decent day of the year. I was just down there with the dog; the coot was swimming about in the lake while 'er indoors was on the nest.

laax_01.jpg

Erm. Tell us again..... why are you moving back to the rock?

laax_01.jpg

Erm. Tell us again..... why are you moving back to the rock?

Buy a house, put up some Aerials, grow some vegetables and retire.

Switzerland is f**king expensive, I mean seriously so.

• 4 years later...

Hope you folks won't mind me posting here, as a Newbie, as I don't know how to start a new thread and I need to pick the brains of all you wonderful EOS 7d users. (Mods, please let me know if I'm breaking some rule or other - thanks)

I bought a nearly new 7d recently from a friend of a friend who was upgrading to full-frame.

Problem I have is it won’t lock the focus, it just keeps seeking and seeking and won’t let me take a photo. Really don’t want to have to go back to focussing manually, but other people are snapping away next to me, all I can hear is whirr, rattle, whirr as this thing constantly seeks the correct focus. Lenses work fine on older (350d) bodies, just not on the 7d.

Do I need to upgrade my lenses, get the 7d body fixed, or could it be the settings?
Any advice would be invaluable – thanks.

Archived