Canon 7D

GD4ELI

Toys for boys smile.png

I replaced my Canon 30D which was unreliable after much use and abuse with a 7D. Of course, on the day the new camera arrives it rains, the day after it snows (and it's snowing very hard now) sad.png .

So far all I've managed is a hurried photo of 'the black rat' before going shopping at Aldi. I'm very tempted to bring the 7D + 24-105mm/f4 to the rock in a few weeks.

Now to learn about this camera.

There's a lot to learn with the 7D, that's for sure. The smaller cameras like the NEX are excellent, I have a small Samsung WB850f which I take with me for general snaps. I was tempted to buy a Canon EOS m but I have some good Canon lenses and like photographing wildlife, so decided to replace the ailing 30D with a 7D. Now the 800mm/f5.6 is very shiny!

EF_800mm_f5.6L_IS_USM_Default_tcm14-9534

I've always found that standing a little nearer to the subject saves the outlay for zoom lenses and binocs

It can be hard to soar with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!

Using the C1,C2,C3 custom jobbies is a really good idea.

As is putting stuff in your own menu at the end. So you can get to your most frequented settings.

Also check your microadjustment since you can now with the 7D.

All my lenses needed MA the 500mm f4 needed +13!

Using the C1,C2,C3 custom jobbies is a really good idea.

As is putting stuff in your own menu at the end. So you can get to your most frequented settings.

Also check your microadjustment since you can now with the 7D.

All my lenses needed MA the 500mm f4 needed +13!

I'm waiting for the sun now, still bloody raining :(

Having just booked flight and car to visit the rock in June I may well bring it with me.

Today is the first day this year when one can wear a t-shirt. Precious little wildlife up here...

Lots to learn, but what a camera!

Archived