Downhill Bike

majin

Hi all, bought this bike some days ago from someone that i will not even mencion his name.
He told me the bike was in good working order just needed tyres and chain bought those things and the bike its falling apart.
conclusion he blocked me from facebook and i dont even got his number 300£ to the toilet...crying.gif

Oh well here is the bike if someone need parts or something please let me know.
Thanks.thumbsup.gif
dpy6.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was on here for £100?

it was but he told that for 200£ he would put new suspension better wheels he said was a 2k worth of upgrades, didnt see that at all

Brakes disc are all bend, pads they dont exist anymore, front suspension its fine back suspension its loose, the crank and the gear disks are all bent.

crying.gif

Have you considered, you know, going to his house instead of trying to negotiate through a social networking site?

dont know where its his house, i know its in ramsey but dont know where.

Dont know his phone number either because he refused to give me his phone number, he said its work number...

Have you considered, you know, going to his house instead of trying to negotiate through a social networking site?

dont know where its his house, i know its in ramsey but dont know where.

Dont know his phone number either because he refused to give me his phone number, he said its work number...

Simples, phone his work number and explain the situation, I'm sure his employers wont be best pleased or even he might even feel embarrassed about the situation: either way his employer will make a mental note, that might slow him down.....

Could you PM a list of what is wrong with it?

How much you wanting for it?

Hi there im open to any offers the problems its wrong with the bike its the crank and the gear disks by the pedals also the break disks are all bend there is almost no pad in the breaks

Had a new chain new seat and new set of tired and tubes the wheels are good the back suspension its a bit bad, there is alot of movement.

Im open to any offers but at least i wanted to make 150 with the bike, i spend 320£ already on the bike 200£ for the seller and 120£ for parts.

im devastated with this...crying.gif

Could you PM a list of what is wrong with it?

How much you wanting for it?

Hi there im open to any offers the problems its wrong with the bike its the crank and the gear disks by the pedals also the break disks are all bend there is almost no pad in the breaks

Had a new chain new seat and new set of tired and tubes the wheels are good the back suspension its a bit bad, there is alot of movement.

Im open to any offers but at least i wanted to make 150 with the bike, i spend 320£ already on the bike 200£ for the seller and 120£ for parts.

im devastated with this...crying.gif

Back suspension can be tightened up if you twist the collar, its an adjustable suspension. On most bikes with disc brakes there is very little pad from new, these are around £5 a pair, check the discs if there is a bad lip they'd will need to be replaced, A crank set can be bought for around £25.

Personally if you've honestly spent £300 on this i'd spend a further £30 and have a half decent bike, if that's all that is wrong with it.

Just as an aside, other forum members please do be wary of him. My sister bought a computer off him sometime back, after a month or so the graphics card packed up and when we took it to Colebourns (it was still under warranty) and it turned out that he'd bought it on finance and then reneged on the payments (after the first one I might add)...

Back suspension can be tightened up if you twist the collar, its an adjustable suspension. On most bikes with disc brakes there is very little pad from new, these are around £5 a pair, check the discs if there is a bad lip they'd will need to be replaced, A crank set can be bought for around £25.

Personally if you've honestly spent £300 on this i'd spend a further £30 and have a half decent bike, if that's all that is wrong with it.

I'd imagine with a bike this age the loose rear suspension will be a worn bushing and he'd need to get one made up. Looking at the forks in this pic I'm also going to put my neck out and say that they're RST units and not Fox as he described. You might be best of contacting Hope directly to inquire about new brake pads, I've had a look on Chain Reaction Cycles and they're not listed on there any more.

Get yourself on the Manxmtb forum, someone might have the bits you need in their box of spares...

Archived