Kurries & Steaks

Capt_Mainwaring

Went twice in past few weeks. Starters lovely, chicken very tender.

Main course very bland so a week later asked for it to have more of a kick. Result it came out equally bland but appeared to have a little bit of extra chilli powder added. Not impressed especially as the meat tasted cheap like it does in a run of the mill curry house, which I thought this wasn't.

Not inexpensive and wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Won't be returning.

• 11 months later...

Thought I'd give it a try over Xmas to see if they've upped their game. They haven't. Bland food, poor quality meat, over-priced and spent all the next day on the toilet. Really shan't be frequenting ever again.

I went againo over xmas, and wasn't delighted. I think they let themselves down right at the beginning by using packet poppadoms. It's the first thing you get, it should be fresh and representative of the rest of the meal, but straight out of a packet is really disappointing.

Taste of India has remained to a high standard ever since opening. I very rarely frequent anywhere else for an Indian curry. That said I did enjoy Chutneys on Victoria St over the Christmas break.

I went to Kurries and Steaks on Saturday night and it was, like every time I've been, really good. The curries around the table were really nice, beautifully spiced and deeply flavoured (whatever that means). The solitary steak was cooked as ordered and went down very well.

I find the waiter (owner?) in there very good, he goes through the specials in good detail and explains what's in each dish and how it's cooked.

Taste of India has remained to a high standard ever since opening. I very rarely frequent anywhere else for an Indian curry. That said I did enjoy Chutneys on Victoria St over the Christmas break.

Yep Chutney's is nice. A 7 series BMW is a strange choice of delivery vehicle mind. Makes a nice change from battered old fiestas and micras though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived