Manx Telecom's Coming Home For Christmas Game

Mission

So its that time of the year again when MT temporarily get us hooked on a game in the hope we'll win the big prize.

This year I note that it's available as a mobile/tablet version as well (maybe it was last year, I can't recall) and it got me thinking - does it work on devices with touch screen technology and if so, doesn't that mean they'd have a tactical advantage over those of us who have to rely on pointing and clicking with a mouse? I can't quite figure out how some of those scores are possible within the timeframe using a pc/laptop and mouse combo given that the tiles don't switch that quickly in play - but having played touchscreen arcade games in the past (where you can play very quickly indeed with two hands) it would appear to me that if you were on a tablet you could totally destroy the scores that were originally posted up over the first few days.

Game here if anyone wants a go clicky

Found it quite interesting how the game doesn't seem to have invalid moves, unlike similar games, if you switch two and don't make a row/column, it doesn't revert. Someone will probably come up with a system to manipulate it.

Its also impossible to get a flow going as the stupid score bubble gets in the way, and deselects anything you might have clicked on

3 of a kind is 3 points

4 of a kind is 40 points

5 of a kind is 80 points

6 of a kind is 120 points

7+ of a kind is 200 points

That score bubble is a fecking nuisance, especially when it's racking up random 3 pointers that fall into place all on their own.

Fair enough.

Has anyone back to backed with pc/mouse vs phone or tablet to see if there is an advantage using touch screen technology though (I can't, I don't own such a device).

Seems to me there should be two seperate competitions if there is such an advantage as I simply don't see how it's possible to achieve those scores clicking with a mouse.

Archived