Mass Civil Disobedience - Legality And Implications

Manx1Bloke

What a classic MF thread. I see someone linked an IOMonline comment through to here. I tend to agree that despite the strong words used here bugger all will actually happen. Most of you are all piss and wind, and will pay up to get your 5% discount on your bill. The government may as well bring in a spineless idiot tax and make you all pay by direct debit.

That's my thoughts too.

It's a lose - lose situation whichever way a person takes.

If you accept the tax, you lose out financially and this may or may not stifle increases for the near future.

If you don't accept the tax and hats off to you for making your voices heard, you'll get shafted one way or another and I'd expect some type of consequence in one shape or another which may affect the dissenter, or worse, may affect increases to pay for the cost due to the action taken.

Like I said, whichever way is chosen, the end result will be the same in that it's a loss to the old money belt.

Now I wouldn't expect anyone to personally benefit from bonuses over our woes and would be well pissed off if someone gained a bonus for raising revenue in such an underhand way and this goes for the rest of our over bloated utilities and especially the leccy board! Now this I would venomously disagree with and would deffo be on the front line throwing boulders at any twat twit who did this.

As much as it pains me to pay the shitting tax, it will not stop the stealth taxes in other forms as money is still needed to pay for crappy twatting pension schemes for people who have immersed themselves with the richness of other peoples sweat, blood and toil and continue to do so when they retire and gorge themselves with luxuries and opulence that others can only dream of.

Sort it out Tynwald! Stop the money grabbing bastards robbing the poor to pay for the rich or it'll go tits up in the end!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort it out Tynwald! Stop the money grabbing bastards robbing the poor to pay for the rich. IT WILL go tits up in the end!

There'll be more of these little schemes until the kitty eventually DOES run out. The UK will then bale us, take over, then boot out all the driftwood that have managed to hang on during the demise.

What a classic MF thread. I see someone linked an IOMonline comment through to here. I tend to agree that despite the strong words used here bugger all will actually happen. Most of you are all piss and wind, and will pay up to get your 5% discount on your bill. The government may as well bring in a spineless idiot tax and make you all pay by direct debit.

That's my thoughts too.

It's a lose - lose situation whichever way a person takes.

If you accept the tax, you lose out financially and this may or may not stifle increases for the near future.

If you don't accept the tax and hats off to you for making your voices heard, you'll get shafted one way or another and I'd expect some type of consequence in one shape or another which may affect the dissenter, or worse, may affect increases to pay for the cost due to the action taken.

Like I said, whichever way is chosen, the end result will be the same in that it's a loss to the old money belt.

Now I wouldn't expect anyone to personally benefit from bonuses over our woes and would be well pissed off if someone gained a bonus for raising revenue in such an underhand way and this goes for the rest of our over bloated utilities and especially the leccy board! Now this I would venomously disagree with and would deffo be on the front line throwing boulders at any twat twit who did this.

As much as it pains me to pay the shitting tax, it will not stop the stealth taxes in other forms as money is still needed to pay for crappy twatting pension schemes for people who have immersed themselves with the richness of other peoples sweat, blood and toil and continue to do so when they retire and gorge themselves with luxuries and opulence that others can only dream of.

Sort it out Tynwald! Stop the money grabbing bastards robbing the poor to pay for the rich or it'll go tits up in the end!

Would that be the same Tynwald that is currently proposing to implement the scat tax in such an inequitable manner,the same Tynwald that has failed miserably to reduce waste and excess Govt spending and done very little to remedy it's own profligate ailments since the VAT reduction was announced in 2007?

I think your faith is seriously flawed if you expect them to implement fair taxes and charges without a firm stand being made by the public they purport to represent.

You wouldn't want one of them Albert, oh no no. I know a couple of people who've had them (one of each, ileostomy and colostomy) the colostomy woman died and the ileostomy man nearly died when his insides started fixing themselves back onto each other in a rather random fashion, I'll pay your tax for you if you can't afford it, I would rather do that than have you go to such extreme lengths.

I won't be paying and I will likely be taking the action above just because it will piss off some tinpot little asshole in accounts somewhere along the line. I couldn't care if it means I pay a little bit more in the long run as its better than doing nothing. If it costs them £500 to call in the extra £50 from me that's fine in my book.

What's the point in that - it's other taxpayers who'll be pissed off, not some accounts clerk in government, if we will have to cough up even more to cover any shortfalls caused by your actions.

I don't think this tax is being fairly applied, but unless someone can come up with other ideas to raise the long millions needed to pay off the MEA debt then we'd be in even bigger trouble. I'm hoping that by next year, when it goes up to £100, government will have come up with a more equitable way of collecting this tax.

I don't think this tax is being fairly applied, but unless someone can come up with other ideas to raise the long millions needed to pay off the MEA debt then we'd be in even bigger trouble. I'm hoping that by next year, when it goes up to £100, government will have come up with a more equitable way of collecting this tax.

Your right about it not being applied fairly but I think it would be extremely optimistic to expect this Govt to come up with any equitable alternative after they've just supported this charge.

The real danger here being if they see this method of raising revenue as a green light then what will follow will see further stealth charges implemented in an increasingly unjust manner.

The only way to alter the course here and ensure fair taxation/utility charges for the future is for the public to strongly oppose this present policy.

We should all spend the few minutes required to email our elected MHK's and convey to them our disgust at these unjust proposals.

I agree that it's unjust but the way to go is bombarding MHK's with objections, not blustering on here about not paying it. If the 5000 people who signed the petition refuse to pay it (highly unlikely) who will pay for all the reminder letters, threats of prosecution and any eventual court appearances (very expensive if they're represented under legal aid)?. I don't think they'd be held up as hero's by those who've paid up - however grudgingly!

If 5000 people were to refuse then the Govt would have to rethink it's position very smartly.

However I don't think that is the way this will play out in this case,we'll have to wait and see what happens when the petition is presented on budget day before any further actions from the public can realistically be considered and properly evaluated. I'm not,as you suggest, just blustering on here. What about you?

I don't think this tax is being fairly applied, but unless someone can come up with other ideas to raise the long millions needed to pay off the MEA debt then we'd be in even bigger trouble.

Cut their wages by 25%

I don't think this tax is being fairly applied,ii but unless someone can come up with other ideas to raise the long millions needed to pay off the MEA debt then we'd be in even bigger trouble.

Cut their wages by 25%

Bingo. The answer isn't more revenue, the answer is less spending!!!! Starting with them and their ridiculously high salaries and pensions.

Archived