What things delight you?

Thomas Jefferson

TJ. And his wonderfully imaginative, quirky, intelligent, yet in some ways naive thread ideas and postings.

And what about his unimaginative, deranged, stupid, and totally naive postings?

Be fair! They're only a tiny huge minority majority of them.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice thread TJ.

So many things;

Muscovy ducks wagging their tails each morning when they first see me,

Seeing the sun come over the trees for the first time this year,

A kipper bap 'round the back of the Castle

My pals,

My boy,

My man,

The Lemon meringue pie at the Crafty Weaver in Laxey

Did it make your knees tremble?

New windscreen wipers

Eggs, fresh eggs

Volkswagon Pheatons, what an ace unassuming but very luxury car

Eric Cantona in the Kronenborg Farmers advert

Rallying - One of the last great sports that you can get up close to.

Golfs, I would love a Mk 1 GTi

Ocean going yacht racing, just fantastic to think they can spank that sort of speed without a motor

India, anything Indian, attitude, food the don't give a monkey's about anything, Ganesh, wallpaper in curry houses

Newport Pagnell services, it's bang on 100 miles from home on my way back from the Isle of Man

Garam Massalla, mix this in with a bit of Tommy K and bam, best dip ever for Bratwurst.

Tomato Ketchup, Tommy K with a bit of Garam Massalla, see above

Oddities - Like Elephant foot umbrella stands, who was out of their box enough to think - I know what would make an ace umbrella stand.

Growing old, it's ace actually. I'm still doing what I did at 18 but not getting told off as much for it

Idiocy - sometimes it's ace to act like a bellend and dance like a loon to ska and laugh until it hurts

Volkswagon T5 vans, after my Landy was stolen, I'm looking at the sportpac version of these

Eurotrash. Bring back Antoine de Caunes, for a french man I thought he was very funny

Yachting, my son has a 5' r/c yacht and we love sailing it. 3 hours at a time.

Obviously Land Rover Defenders, I miss mine every day

Understated aceness, like the Bristol Fighter T, google this car. It is beyond amazing and no one has heard of it.

Uhtred Uhtredsonn, all of that Cornwell series enthralls me and I can read those books over and over again

Pomegranates, much underrated and we need more in our lives.

My life at the moment is spot on, best wife, just enough to live on, nice house, nice kids and grandchildren, nice cat, enough food, bestest friends and a wonderful island to live on.

Just enough and time enough make life enough flowers.gif

Aside from the grandkids bit, I am happy to agree with this :)

Our bathroom makes me very very happy, its nearly finished, its absolutely lovely, I keep walking in for a little look around in there, just because, its so nice. The tile dust is a mare though...whole house is FULL of it, it's like someone 3D printed something all over the place.

Growing old, it's ace actually. I'm still doing what I did at 18 but not getting told off as much for it.

Love this and yes, me too.

Same here.

The difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys.

My life at the moment is spot on, best wife, just enough to live on, nice house, nice kids and grandchildren, nice cat, enough food, bestest friends and a wonderful island to live on.

Just enough and time enough make life enough flowers.gif

Aside from the grandkids bit, I am happy to agree with this smile.png

Our bathroom makes me very very happy, its nearly finished, its absolutely lovely, I keep walking in for a little look around in there, just because, its so nice. The tile dust is a mare though...whole house is FULL of it, it's like someone 3D printed something all over the place.

Glad you like the finished bathroom. Last time I did that I though I'd ruined the Dyson sucking up the dust but turns out a hidden filter was full of hardened plaster dust whatever.gif

Archived