Where's the Gruffalo?

Mr. Sausages

Says the mekikan. Having now googled it, I do know the place; I just didn't know it by that name.

Hey boy, I'm as manx as you. I do wonder what name you knew it by though.

BTW, do Mekikans (whatever they are) have corks on their hats too ?

Says the mekikan. Having now googled it, I do know the place; I just didn't know it by that name.

I didn't know it by a name, except "those comeover bastards who've blocked the way to the Clypse Resevoir" or have I got the wrong place?

I didn't know it by a name, except "those comeover bastards who've blocked the way to the Clypse Resevoir" or have I got the wrong place?

Sounds about right.

Your description sounds fitting if that has happened

Found it in conrhenny. Took it home so nobody else could find it.

One of those sentences is a lie.

Where the hell is Conrhenny?

Asks the REAL Manxman ?????

Plenty of "real Manxmen" have asked me for directions to what I thought were obvious places. Even if they sometimes laughed at my pronunciation at least I knew where it was!

I don't think there is much Manx about you at all if you don't know where places like Conrhenny are. You've lost all credit for being much of a Manxman, in my eyes. Do you not get out of Douglas or Onchan much?

If your a real manxman why would that mean you know every plantation on the island? my father knows every inch the north of the island including who owns what, and who owned it before but take him to the south side and he knows where the towns are and little else cause he simply has no interest in it.

Quite a few old real manxies haven't been to Douglas in decades and definitely wouldn't have heard of Conrhenny or many other places. It's a dying Manx trait to not know much about anywhere outside of a 5 mile radius of where you're from.

Archived