MT....Unbelievable

Sentience

Manx Telecom......leading the world in connectivity.

Saga begins in Sept 2014.

Decided the new phone was to be the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

MT shop say's Yes, most likely end of month (Sept).

End of month: Sorry, slight delay, available the 10th of Oct....er sorry slight delay, the 17th.

Oct 17th...sorry slight delay, around the middle of November.

November 16th...sorry slight delay, probably closer to the end of the month.

November 25th, "really sorry, now not available until sometime in 2015 and all networks are having problems with supply as is our supplier" (singular!!!)

HOWEVER....IF I'M ON ANY UK NETWORK I CAN WALK INTO ANY OF THEIR MANY HIGH STREET SHOPS AND GET ONE TODAY!!

I know...join a UK network. If that's your response, don't bother.

My point is, a (supposed) world leader in this kind of technology only able to offer this level of service is incomprehensible.

One supplier, unbelievable from a major Manx company....oh......wait.

No longer a Manx company.....go figure.

MT, You really should be embarrassed.

2 out 10....MUST do better!

Edit, at all times everyone I spoke to were very, very polite. ermm.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MT really aren't that big in the grand scheme of things, and it's worth remembering that.

How many Note 4s do you think they'll sell. I'd imagine it'd be in the dozens or maybe a hundred that they'd order, so small numbers compared to a company like 3 or O2 who buy them in by the thousands.

The other thing to bear in mind is that companies like Hutchinson 3G (Three) tend to own networks in several countries, giving them more clout with suppliers.

Even Sure is part of a bigger organisation (Batelco)

Hardly their fault or poor service though is it.

I would hazard a guess that they have been promised a delivery date for whatever small (very small) number of handsets they have ordered. Supply has run tight, and the suppliers will be taking small orders to help their biggest clients.

What are MT meant to do about it?

And why would they have more than one supplier? They won't be buying enough to carry much weight with one supplier, why would they dilute their limited buying power any more?

Hardly their fault or poor service though is it.

I would hazard a guess that they have been promised a delivery date for whatever small (very small) number of handsets they have ordered. Supply has run tight, and the suppliers will be taking small orders to help their biggest clients.

What are MT meant to do about it?

And why would they have more than one supplier? They won't be buying enough to carry much weight with one supplier, why would they dilute their limited buying power any more?

Have you ever complained? Their customer service totally stinks, it's totally defensive, and it's almost turned around that it's your fault for being their customer that things have gone wrong. They act like they are still a state backed monopoly. It deserves,to go bust such is their staffs attitude sometimes. It's like going back in time to when you were grateful to own a bloody mobile phone and they were doing you a massive favour giving you one.

Had two mobiles since 1996, three latterly, home phone and Internet since 1999, two extra lines for work, never had a single reason to complain.

I pay them, they provide me with a service. The couple of times line issues have caused broadband issues I phoned them up and they fixed it.

I have reasonable expectations and accept we are a small island, I also always deal with them politely and have never had an issue.

Archived