I heard this a while back from a mate so take with a big pinch of salt. However he is very well connected in all this.

They can't undo any changes because the upgrade was done at the MT end, they then discovered there were some pretty major hardware compatibility issues between MT and WiManx and ever since they've been waiting on MT to help them resolve it. It's nowehere near as simple as buying a bit more wholesale bandwidth. He was drunk at the time and may have been speaking total shit but it fits.

From my first hand experience 3 things seem certain

1. They aint just letting people out of their contracts

2. Problem, what problem, it's just a bit of contention and all part and parcel of our service agreement

3. They're not going to stop selling to new customers

Luckily with the Fritzbox it's very simple to tether a mobile device and I get brilliant 4g performance smile.png

What are you using to tether? What settings etc? I have unlimited data on 4G and the Fritzbox sits on my desk so seems like the way to go

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MrFunk

I heard this a while back from a mate so take with a big pinch of salt. However he is very well connected in all this.

They can't undo any changes because the upgrade was done at the MT end, they then discovered there were some pretty major hardware compatibility issues between MT and WiManx and ever since they've been waiting on MT to help them resolve it. It's nowehere near as simple as buying a bit more wholesale bandwidth. He was drunk at the time and may have been speaking total shit but it fits.

From my first hand experience 3 things seem certain

1. They aint just letting people out of their contracts

2. Problem, what problem, it's just a bit of contention and all part and parcel of our service agreement

3. They're not going to stop selling to new customers

Luckily with the Fritzbox it's very simple to tether a mobile device and I get brilliant 4g performance smile.png

What are you using to tether? What settings etc? I have unlimited data on 4G and the Fritzbox sits on my desk so seems like the way to go

Enable internet sharing on your phone. Then...

Once signed in to Fritzbox control panel it's Internet > Account Information > Internet Service Provider

From the drop down choose Existing Connection over Wlan

Here's the full info:-

http://en.avm.de/nc/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7390/knowledge-base/publication/show/1040_Configuring-Existing-connection-over-WLAN-in-FRITZ-Box/

A new low, we currently have Radio 6 crapping out on BBC iplayer.

40 meg (lol) broadband, and we can't even stream fucking radio.

EDIT - Well that's sorted itself out now at least, there were definitely some horrible latency spikes though as my Hearthstone game was crapping out at the same time that the iPlayer was.

from Wimanx:

Dear Customer,

We have identified that some broadband users have been adversely impacted by issues on our underlying operator's network. The issues are not within the Wi-Manx network but we are working closely with the underlying operator to reach a solution.

The underlying operator will carry out some out of hours maintenance this evening to improve network performance.

We will continue to update you of progress as and when we receive updates from the operator.

Regards

Wi-Manx Support Team

Got this email tonight:

Dear Customer,

We have identified that some broadband users have been adversely impacted by issues on our underlying operator's network. The issues are not within the Wi-Manx network but we are working closely with the underlying operator to reach a solution.

The underlying operator will carry out some out of hours maintenance this evening to improve network performance.

We will continue to update you of progress as and when we receive updates from the operator.

Regards

Wi-Manx Support Team

Archived