Phil's (latest) Folly

hissingsid

He is at it again, sorry, apologies, was not aware of, it was not me I was not there, I was in the house all weekend and no one phoned me and told me what was going on !!!!! How many times is this man going to be allowed to whatever.gifwhatever.gifwhatever.gifwhatever.gif things up before he is asked to resign. He is on the radio more than most of the presenters and most times to apologise, and not even a lesson has been learned thrown in, he thought the silt etc was going in the quarry ???? The man is a complete idiot and he is in charge of one of the biggest departments in government, a poison chalice job ? don't think so he is hardly a danger to any of the untouchables but he is a danger to the pocket of everybody who draws breath on this Island, what next ? perhaps we should change the words of our Anthem...as free as the sweet mountain air in case this maniac tries to tax that.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is at it again, sorry, apologies, was not aware of, it was not me I was not there, I was in the house all weekend and no one phoned me and told me what was going on !!!!! How many times is this man going to be allowed to whatever.gifwhatever.gifwhatever.gifwhatever.gif things up before he is asked to resign. He is on the radio more than most of the presenters and most times to apologise, and not even a lesson has been learned thrown in, he thought the silt etc was going in the quarry ???? The man is a complete idiot and he is in charge of one of the biggest departments in government, a poison chalice job ? don't think so he is hardly a danger to any of the untouchables but he is a danger to the pocket of everybody who draws breath on this Island, what next ? perhaps we should change the words of our Anthem...as free as the sweet mountain air in case this maniac tries to tax that.

I heard that interview too but heard different words, it seems. Some folk only hear what they want to hear.

Maybe the item is on listen again and YOU SHOULD.

MHK's are elected to act for us and make decisions for us. They do not have to ask us for permission every time they take a piss.

I also thought David Quirk came over as a complete knob and did not know the difference between a "disaster" and an "emergency". thick twat that he is.

BTW, who votes for Quirk?

To be fair, I heard the interview on MR at 7am this morning and Gawne distinctly said that he didn't know what was going on. He also pleaded ignorance re. the Easter Monday Mountain Road closure a couple of weeks ago as well, although I understand that that has now been postponed until Tuesday.

I don't think he's fully at the helm of that dept somehow and it's running amok in the same fashion it always has.

As usual, civil servants f-ck up and the appointed politician gets the blame. That is why intelligent people don't take these elected positions. They don't want to be sacrificial lambs for people less intelligent than them.

Less intelligent than them ! How is that possible?

To be fair, I heard the interview on MR at 7am this morning and Gawne distinctly said that he didn't know what was going on. He also pleaded ignorance re. the Easter Monday Mountain Road closure a couple of weeks ago as well, although I understand that that has now been postponed until Tuesday.

I don't think he's fully at the helm of that dept somehow and it's running amok in the same fashion it always has.

Listen to the interview again, Phil wasn't being truthful

Yes, Phil didn't know what was going in, but he was fully briefed on the field being dug up when challenged

If you accept the silver dollars to be a Minister, you have to understand what you have signed up to.

You are either the front man of your department, who defends whatever your civil servants might have cocked up.

You have to defend them because they know more about the problem than you do.

Or, you apologise, to your electorate, that you do not really know what the hell has happened under your watch.

He is at it again, sorry, apologies, was not aware of, it was not me I was not there, I was in the house all weekend and no one phoned me and told me what was going on !!!!! How many times is this man going to be allowed to :whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever: things up before he is asked to resign. He is on the radio more than most of the presenters and most times to apologise, and not even a lesson has been learned thrown in, he thought the silt etc was going in the quarry ???? The man is a complete idiot and he is in charge of one of the biggest departments in government, a poison chalice job ? don't think so he is hardly a danger to any of the untouchables but he is a danger to the pocket of everybody who draws breath on this Island, what next ? perhaps we should change the words of our Anthem...as free as the sweet mountain air in case this maniac tries to tax that.

I heard that interview too but heard different words, it seems. Some folk only hear what they want to hear.

Maybe the item is on listen again and YOU SHOULD.

MHK's are elected to act for us and make decisions for us. They do not have to ask us for permission every time they take a piss.

I also thought David Quirk came over as a complete knob and did not know the difference between a "disaster" and an "emergency". thick twat that he is.

BTW, who votes for Quirk?

Whoever did vote for him did so in an emergency and created a disaster.

As usual, civil servants f-ck up and the appointed politician gets the blame. That is why intelligent people don't take these elected positions. They don't want to be sacrificial lambs for people less intelligent than them.

Less intelligent than them ! How is that possible?

Its more like a rush job, the CS say, slow down, lets get this right, Gawne goes off on one because the director of ports says she can get a bloke from Ireland with a bucket and he'll do the job for a couple of million next month. Fearing a budget meltdown, and another airport extension/baggage hall/fence/radar incident, decides DoI workers can do it with 2 buckets and a barrow for less and start a week last Friday.

Perhaps you should listen again, Dilligaf.whatever.gif

I've heard the interview twice now and you are still wrong.

Listening to Manx radio once is a sign you are over the hill or mental, and you listened twice so ergo...

Archived