Android Clock

Terminal

Is anyone still having problems with this? Mine keeps flitting between an hour slow and correct time which is quite annoying when I've set alarms/reminders.

Yes. I've turned off auto time zone and set it to BST manually.
That's what I did to workaround the problem. If you see my earlier screen shot it thinks Douglas is an hour behind London and the rest of the Isle of Man so if you move around the island your clock changes based on your location.

Mine is also an HTC. What phones are other people with this problem using? Maybe it's an HTC related fault.

If you see my earlier screen shot it thinks Douglas is an hour behind London and the rest of the Isle of Man so if you move around the island your clock changes based on your location.

Aha, that explains its intermittent behaviour.

Is your phone an HTC?

Spoke to Sure and they said it was an HTC issue and to raise with HTC. Did this via Livechat and in the end was told to do a factory reset or they would not help any more. I suggested this was not a great idea as it was not just this handset or operator that had a problem. They would not budge. Problem is still there when I am in Douglas but not when in Peel !!! Logged a complaint with HTC but doubt I will hear anything.

Rebooted phone in to Safe mode (switches off all 3rd party apps & widgets) and the problem is still there.

Need to set phone to manual time and date setup !!!!

Just switching off auto time zone (& set to BST) but keeping auto time works for me.

There seems to be a file of timezones and summertime dates in the Android system, unfortunately it can only be updated with root access. If someone's rooted their HTC and wants to have a go at updating the file to see what happens (there's an app "timezone fix" iirc) it would be interesting.

mines been out since the last update ...its right in the notification bar but just not the weather app...and for whatever reason the alarm was working off the weather app clock , so the alarm was out, turn the app off and the alarm was right.. didn't matter what i did everytime I changed it to GMT+1 in the settings and backed out of the app it was wrong, so go back in to settings and it had changed back to EST.....I see Isle of Man is now right but Douglas is still wrong ..(telecom htc m8)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived