• Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is

MT Test

Your line speed is:

1838.7 Kbps

225.3 K bytes/sec

Some other Test

Downstream 1771 Kbps (221.4 KB/sec) 1912 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream 228 Kbps (28.5 KB/sec) 246 Kbps (inc. overheads)

It varies a lot but up/down, I'm not bothered.

There are bound to be teething problems and I'm sure MT will sort them out.

Fixed!

*Hands up*

My mistake // problem at my end.

After unplugging all the phones in the house and plugging em' back in everything was working just as before!

Finally able to download SP2 at more than 15k/s \o/

Does anyone know about the phone wiring coming into the house? The phone cable here comes into the garage and is wired into an old gpo box. There are 4 wires, orange white which are connected and green an black which aren't. Is this right, what are green and black wires?

Here's my test results from manx.net

Your line speed is:

426.7 Kbps

52.3 K bytes/sec

And from the other website that was mentioned

Downstream 292 Kbps (36.5 KB/sec)

Upstream 243 Kbps (30.4 KB/sec)

Is this good yet? :unsure:

Well I'm back, a day late thanks to Euromanx cancelling last flight from Dublin last night. Got back to no ip address on the router even though it was detecting the line properly, had to re-boot it, popped out to the shops came back and had to re-boot it again. Telecom if you are listening give me back my stable 512 this is rubbish.

Will do tomorrow bit late now tonight. I've got a DG834G that was as good as gold before.

Same router as mine and mine was disconnecting. Engineer came round on Saturday and touch wood whatever he did, when he went to do it, seems to have fixed it.

Hopefully, Happy Days now.

WilDDog that's interesting, presumably he didn't touch your router as it belongs to you and not MT. Have you still got an improved speed, I know of one guy in Douglas that was getting dropped connections, all they did was put him back to 512

Will do tomorrow bit late now tonight. I've got a DG834G that was as good as gold before.

Same router as mine and mine was disconnecting. Engineer came round on Saturday and touch wood whatever he did, when he went to do it, seems to have fixed it.

Hopefully, Happy Days now.

That's also the one I have. Last week the wireless was dropping a few times but *touch wood* it hasn't done it yet this week. Which makes me wonder if that engineer did anything at all!

The guy that fixed mine, did something at the exchange.

It's been fine (touch wood again) since.

I think whatever it is that's causing some of us problems will get sorted, It'll just take a bit of time for MT to sort it.

But like I said in the other thread, if your having problems ring 151 and report it. If they don't know it isn't working properly they can't fix it.

Archived