new laxey bridge options

WTF

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been over the bridge this morning, got a long way to go before this is finished even the road has yet to have it's final surface.it is also quite narrow and I can see problems for busses and lorries getting over. Two lads were doing some work; I don't think this job will be compleated before Christmas.

Been over the bridge this morning, got a long way to go before this is finished even the road has yet to have it's final surface.it is also quite narrow and I can see problems for busses and lorries getting over. Two lads were doing some work; I don't think this job will be compleated before Christmas.

The only reason that they have announced it as being open is because they had scheduled it as being completed by September - after having originally promised it for TT week and had to open it temporarily then at considerable extra expense. So to wait till it was actually ready would have been an admission of failure and that the design they chose was not only ugly and unpopular but also impractical and expensive.

The only reason that they have announced it as being open is because they had scheduled it as being completed by September - after having originally promised it for TT week and had to open it temporarily then at considerable extra expense. So to wait till it was actually ready would have been an admission of failure and that the design they chose was not only ugly and unpopular but also impractical and expensive.

Well it is the DOI.

I see they've already started pre laying out the excuses for why Foxdale won't be open by next TT Week already.

I see they've already started pre laying out the excuses for why Foxdale won't be open by next TT Week already.

But are we concerned by that or just a little thankful?

Archived