hillsborough

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36138337 the cover up and blatant lies told by those in authority over this tragic accident should shame them forever. the collusion between the highest parts of the british government, the police and the sun newspaper is something gerry would dismiss as too ridiculous. quite eye opening really.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/26/how-the-suns-truth-about-hillsborough-unravelled

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a waste of time and a 'feel good' piece. One bit I saw on the news was 'the matchgoers were blameless' - no, they still crushed people to death in order to watch some men kick a ball. They might not have known what they were doing but there is still blame there on them too. Management failings and police failings yes, but the police didn't crush anyone to death.

Such a waste of time and a 'feel good' piece. One bit I saw on the news was 'the matchgoers were blameless' - no, they still crushed people to death in order to watch some men kick a ball. They might not have known what they were doing but there is still blame there on them too. Management failings and police failings yes, but the police didn't crush anyone to death.

Are you being deliberately obtuse, trying to provoke some sort of reaction?

Yes, the police did not individually crush anyone to death. However, as has been finally confirmed, their actions specifically created the situation where it occurred. I speak as someone who actually has respect for the police (it is a job I would never had the balls to do and my own brother is a high ranking officer in the UK) but the only conclusion to take from today's verdict is that there was a systematic failure by those responsible for public safety and that lead to death of 96 innocent people. Those failures were covered by lies. Nothing will bring those people back but at least there should be no question in any logical person's mind that they were responsible for their own deaths. To think otherwise is pitiful.

Tarne pretty much nailed it

Just for once why don't try stop being a weapons grade troll. You're not even being an original one in this thread.

And that opinion of yours matters to me? You'll need to try a lot harder than that. Tarne is still right.

I avoid reading bad news so I haven't paid much attention to it so I don't know what the latest is. I remember being a young kid typing out an essay on Hillsborough for a relative who couldn't type and the general gist of it was that it was one big fuck up compounded by fuck ups. That was quite a while ago so why has it only just been officially recognised as a fuck up?

Sorry you've misunderstood me. the police and govt lies were terrible and I'm glad that has come out but that's not what I'm referring to. I'm referring to the specific bit that the fans were not to blame. They were. A court case doesn't change the fact they crushed people to death at a football match. Its just words to make the court cases stop.

But they won't. The lawyers will milk this for years to come

Tarne pretty much nailed it

Just for once why don't try stop being a weapons grade troll. You're not even being an original one in this thread.

And that opinion of yours matters to me? You'll need to try a lot harder than that. Tarne is still right.

Just try thinking about it for a moment. I have no connection to families involved with Hillsborough, nor Liverpool FC, but I can understand the overwhelming pain that must come from having a family member not return from an everyday normal activity. To then be told that they were effectively responsible for their own deaths can only have multipied that pain. Can't you understand that?

You say you agree with Tarne, who appears to be ignoring the findings of the inquiry today and still wanting to attribute blame to the fans.

No doubt you don't really care, equally I don't really care that you don't care but low grade trolling by simply saying that the first troll is right is just pathetic. I'll say no more on the matter.

Archived