Pubs closing

Tempus Fugit

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same tax rules apply in the UK. Not aware of any specific Gov crackdown here, maybe just H&B being careful or having been advised to take care. Or as someone has said, splitting out the tips to allow for those given on card which don't go straight to the person.

I know of some professions where they are advised/told not to tip as it is generally accepted that they won't be declared, so it's effectively facilitating tax avoidance.

4 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I remember working as a taxi driver and the tax office assuming what tips I received. I don't remember any CS tipping that well if at all tight twats

Do police officers pay the going rate for their drugs?

Do police officers pay at all?

(Do police officers take drugs? No.)

14 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Same tax rules apply in the UK. Not aware of any specific Gov crackdown here, maybe just H&B being careful or having been advised to take care. Or as someone has said, splitting out the tips to allow for those given on card which don't go straight to the person.

I know of some professions where they are advised/told not to tip as it is generally accepted that they won't be declared, so it's effectively facilitating tax avoidance.

In the UK a lot of chains take an 'administrative fee' for distributing gratuities to their staff

Appalling way to treat your own team members but there you are

It is little wonder these chains often go 'tits up'

• 3 weeks later...

Last Friday, 12th April, was the date when the licensing authority were going to consider the appeal by the brewery, against the decision to refuse the change of use of the Liverpool Arms from public house to domestic dwelling. Has anyone heard what was decided?

26 minutes ago, rf382 said:

Last Friday, 12th April, was the date when the licensing authority were going to consider the appeal by the brewery, against the decision to refuse the change of use of the Liverpool Arms from public house to domestic dwelling. Has anyone heard what was decided?

It’s nothing to do with licensing.

Its planning.

Aren't planning appeals dealt with by inspectors, who give their report to the minister, who then actually makes the decision?

So inspector has to write his report and minister has to consider it and either accept, or hand down his own decision, with reasons.

Archived