Preacher

TheTeapot

Been slowly working my way through it, two episodes left. It's been ok, some things have translated well, others not. Joe Gilgunn is great as Cassidy but I'm less keen on Tulip.

It takes a while to get going, probably doesn't kick into gear until around Episode 4 or 5 for me.

Dunno what it's on, amazon, netflix or whatever, its available somewhere. And is right, took a while to get going. The angels are funny as is Hamish McTavish and his love of MEAT. Next series has a few more episodes apparently so that's good.

As with all TV or film versions of things you've read and enjoyed you're always hoping the don't fuck it up. In this case I don't think they have.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It has finished now. It just gets better and better. Definitely started slow so could see why Mollag binned it but go back! And everyone else should watch it too. Lots of stuff from the comics for fans to err, get their teeth into, The Allfather as a disgusting mess, the idiot christ, I thought it was excellent. Hope they get another series, the weird way american tv works no one knows yet.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOiWNdUOJm3sW2gEfFpEBFj_dPJQ106FmO4EOKS7oPLbWL1Xrv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well this show has now finished, and what a ride. Far from perfect, oddly paced, bit rushed to get it finished, loads from the comics missed, but you know what? I don't care. There were some moments in this show that were AMAZING. Herr Starr lying naked, nipples torn off in a puddle of his own piss, the Allfather explosion, the massacre of the christ clones, DOG-GOD, fabulous. 

Archived