My book!

Miss Take

Even more of a bargain then. Thanks.

Sorry if sounded a bit mean.

It wasn't meant to.

I like to support local talent when I can and would have bought your book at a higher price.smile.png

I am not much of a reader, but I've bought quite a few locally written books.

Even more of a bargain then. Thanks.

Sorry if sounded a bit mean.

It wasn't meant to.

I like to support local talent when I can and would have bought your book at a higher price.smile.png

I am not much of a reader, but I've bought quite a few locally written books.

I didn't read any meanness into it at all. It was a genuine thanks for purchasing and it genuinely is a bargain if it's free.

Hi Albert,

There's a couple of different price points that give different royalty values. I chose a cheap price point that comes with 30% royalties but if you choose a higher one you can get 70%. I reckoned that I'd struggle to sell any at the higher price point and I just wanted to get the book out there.

The thing I didn't know is that you have to accumulate 100 worth of royalties in a currency before they pay it out, so I doubt I'll be seeing any cash any time soon. It's really gratifying though whenever I see that someone has bought one (they do a little chart where you can see your sales volumes - my sales axis goes no higher than 8 at the mo!), even if I know most of the purchases are by friends.

Hi Albert,

There's a couple of different price points that give different royalty values. I chose a cheap price point that comes with 30% royalties but if you choose a higher one you can get 70%. I reckoned that I'd struggle to sell any at the higher price point and I just wanted to get the book out there.

The thing I didn't know is that you have to accumulate 100 worth of royalties in a currency before they pay it out, so I doubt I'll be seeing any cash any time soon. It's really gratifying though whenever I see that someone has bought one (they do a little chart where you can see your sales volumes - my sales axis goes no higher than 8 at the mo!), even if I know most of the purchases are by friends.

That's a great shame . I thought people ( like I did ) would buy it as a token of loyalty, or something, to a fellow forumite.

It is £1 ffs you tightwads, get your debit cards out NOW.

That's a great shame . I thought people ( like I did ) would buy it as a token of loyalty, or something, to a fellow forumite.

It is £1 ffs you tightwads, get your debit cards out NOW.

I was going to buy and read the book but now I'm not.

Hi Albert,

Well done on the book. I think from memory the 100 is only if they pay you by cheque. If you set up bank transfer they pay you out each month even if it's significantly less than the 100. I never had a problem getting paid under a 100. Momentum is the biggest drain and trying to keep it going. I've tried all the different types of advertising but ultimately writing another one proved the most successful. People like one and then buy the next. A good cover and edited book were my early mistakes which I now pay more attention to. The little red graph is such a motivator!

You may get dejected but just keep at it.

Thanks stud muffin - you're right about the little red graph.  There's a little blue one too as I've enrolled it in the kindle lending library so I get to see how many pages have been read and get a share of a royalties pot.  Someone's actively reading it today because the page numbers read are rising - it's very exciting.  I just used the amazon cover creator, hence the rubbish cover, but I'm struggling to think how I'd get a decent cover on it (for free!).

I'll have to get working on a sequel!

Archived