Oh Oh...North Korea

Albert Tatlock

Trump tweet five minutes ago:

I am allowing Japan & South Korea to buy a substantially increased amount of highly sophisticated military equipment from the United States.

What a great change it is to see a president like Trump who supports America's allies and doesn't betray them like low life Obama. :)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

The protection racketeer one.

Are you suggesting America is forcing Japan and South Korea to buy weapons on the understanding that America will attack them if they don't? I'm sure it has more to do with helping them to defend themselves against North Korea and hopefully prevent it escalating to an intercontinental war.

The report of my death has been grossly exaggerated. It's precisely because Trump cares about people that he doesn't give these things away freely. He cares about CREATING / MAINTAINING JOBS for the American people who invented, designed, created, manufactured, shipped and will provide training with that military equipment, not to mention the many investors which includes investment funds which largely includes pension funds which go to provide a return to pensioners for their years of contributions.

13 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

The majority of north koreans should be regarded as hostages such is the level of brainwashing. Maybe not the most ethical way of buying comfy shoes or werthers originals

Hard to disagree with that assessment. Unless Trump is engaged in this four dimensional chess game of brinksmanship so many of his fans think he is, I think he's unwise to pursue an aggressive response. It would be better to simply ignore North Korea's own aggressive actions and work behind the scenes. Russia and China have already been doing exactly that. One can only hope that Trump is using the longstanding Cold War policy of deliberately trying to make America look unpredictable and deranged as a deterrent to the Soviet Union. Then again, one would hope he isn't, as I don't think that policy works against a country run by a genuinely deranged person like Kim Um Whatshisface. I think the wisest thing to do is work with Russia and China. Maybe that's exactly what Trump is doing, they're all in on a carefully staged good cop, bad cop routine.

Archived