Oh Oh...North Korea

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah cos North Korea never holds military drills simulating the invasion of the south, never glories in destroying the residence of the South Korean president nor actually shells towns in South Korea nor attacks one of the south' ships. 

Stinky, do you really think it is the US which has been more belligerent in recent years?

35 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Yeah cos North Korea never holds military drills simulating the invasion of the south, never glories in destroying the residence of the South Korean president nor actually shells towns in South Korea nor attacks one of the south' ships. 

Stinky, do you really think it is the US which has been more belligerent in recent years?

Your complete lack of objectivity amuses me at times chinahand. At other times it stuns me

Trump isn't interested in diplomacy and in any case, he hasn't got a team capable of reaching a diplomatic settlement: 

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson ramped up the situation by openly mulling a first strike against North Korea back in March. He had the chance to possibly diffuse things last month when he had the opportunity to meet with his North Korean counterpart at last month's ASEAN meeting. He didn't bother.

Unbelievably, Trump hasn't gotten round to appointing an ambassador to South Korea yet.

He didnt appoint an ambassador to Japan until five weeks ago. The guy he picked has zero previous experience as a diplomat; got the job as a reward for donating to Trump's election campaign.

He only appointed an ambassador to China two months ago. The newly appointed ambassador is a 71 year old ex Republican governor of Iowa  - who has never lived abroad. 

He still hasn't appointed a permanent assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific Affairs or assistant secretary of defense for Asian and Pacific Affairs.

Only 3.5 years to go - but will the planet survive?

I thought the unpredictability of President Chump would be enough to at least stop the grandstanding of Fat-boy. 

Wrong.

A major problem is that NK commanders obey orders otherwise they get shredded by AA fire. So if the US, or anyone else for that matter, tries to take out Kim then Seoul disappears in a welter of conventional munitions as they carelessly sited their capital city within range of the border.

I wonder if Kim has any W48?

Archived