Top Comes Off

TheDruid-3X3

Haven't You ever had a Top of a Spice Shaker come off while Shaking It into a Recipe?!

I have several times.  Most of the times it has been a Salt Shaker but I have had other Shakers with other Spices come off like Chili Pepper, Black Pepper or Garlic Powder.

This Evening, I was making a Chili Con Carne and went to Add some Sea Salt and the Top of it came off and most of the Contents of the Salt Shaker came out into the Chili Con Carne.

I Scooped Out as much of the Salt as I could ending up to Throwing Away some of the Meat and Vegetables that was the Most Invested with Salt and put in as much Ground Up Celery, Lettuce and Cans of Tomato Soup and Beans as I could to help Dilute the Salt.

But is still Tastes Quite Salty!

Ugh!

Have any of You had to deal with this sort of Issue?!

3X3

Nah - Those Intense Stuff are going into the Books & Writing Forum.

I am going to have to Defrost another Pound of Hamburger and once Browned with Chili Powder with Sauted Onions, Green Pepper and Chopped Chives with a few more Cans of Beans, mix it with the Salty Chili Con Carne in order to further Dilute the Salt in the Original Batch.  I am also putting in loads of Cumin and Nutmeg to try to obscure the Salty Taste.

Cumin is a Herb that Relaxes the Nervous System and Cures Insomnia.  That is probably why Mexicans are always known for always being Asleep as they always put loads of Cumin in their Food.

3X3

I've never seen cumin being indicated in a herbal to promote sleep or relax the nervous system. It's indicated for:

digestion problems

Diahorrea

Colic 

bowel spasms

gas

increase urine flow

relieve bloat (as a diuretic)

Relieve mensrtuation pain

increase sexual desire (as an aphrodisiac).

12 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Um...

I spent from a few Years Studying and Researching Herbs and Herbology putting together a yet to be E-Published Book on the Subject.

Here what I Wrote about Cumin:

The Cumin (Cuminum Cyminum):

cumin127-s.jpg herbs_cumin.jpg

Cumin was one of the Commonest Spice of European Growth in the Middle Ages. It is a Small Annual Herbaceous Plant which was Indigenous to Upper Egypt and was Cultivated in Arabia, India, China, and in the Countries Bordering on the Mediterranean. Its Stem is Slender and Branched, rarely exceeding 1 foot in Height and somewhat Angular. The Leaves are Divided into Long Narrow Segments like Fennel, but much Smaller and are of a Deep Green Colour. The Upper Leaves are nearly Stalkless, but the Lower Ones have Longer Leaf-Stalks. The Flowers are Small, Rose-Coloured or White, and Bloom in June and July, then turn into the Cumin Seeds which is used Medicinally. Cumin is seldom used in Western Herbal Medicine, having been Superseded by Caraway which has similar properties but a more Pleasant Flavour. 

Cumin is an Aromatic, Astringent Herb that Benefits the Digestive System and Acts as a Stimulant to the Sexual Organs. It has been used in the Treatment of Minor Digestive Ailments, Chest Conditions and Coughs, as a Pain Killer and to Treat Rotten Teeth. It is still widely used in India where it is said to promote the Assimilation of other Herbs, the Treatment of Insomnia, Colds and Fevers and to Improve Milk Production in Nursing Mothers and to Improve Liver Function. The Cumin Seed was once used formerly as an Herbal Remedy for Treating Colic and Dyspeptic Headaches.

The Seed is an Antispasmodic, Carminative, Galactogogue, Stimulant and a Stomachic. It is a General Tonic to the Whole Digestive System, it is used in the Treatment of Flatulence and Bloating, Reducing Intestinal Gas and Relaxing the Gut as a whole. 

Ground into a Powder, the Cumin Seed is then mixed into a Paste with Onion Juice, it has been applied to Scorpion Stings. The Cumin Herb has been used Externally as a Poultice to relieve Stitch and Pains in the Side. 

The Essential Oil obtained from the Seed is an Antibacterial and Larvicidal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everytime I have added it to my Mexican Cooking, I get the Best Nights Sleeps!

3X3

19 hours ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Haven't You ever had a Top of a Spice Shaker come off while Shaking It into a Recipe?!

I have several times.  Most of the times it has been a Salt Shaker but I have had other Shakers with other Spices come off like Chili Pepper, Black Pepper or Garlic Powder.

This Evening, I was making a Chili Con Carne and went to Add some Sea Salt and the Top of it came off and most of the Contents of the Salt Shaker came out into the Chili Con Carne.

I Scooped Out as much of the Salt as I could ending up to Throwing Away some of the Meat and Vegetables that was the Most Invested with Salt and put in as much Ground Up Celery, Lettuce and Cans of Tomato Soup and Beans as I could to help Dilute the Salt.

But is still Tastes Quite Salty!

Ugh!

Have any of You had to deal with this sort of Issue?!

3X3

Why use a euphemism. ?

Just ask a serious question and I'm sure somebody will be able to help. Even with a helpline number.;) They are quite confidential on here.

4 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Why use a euphemism. ?

Just ask a serious question and I'm sure somebody will be able to help. Even with a helpline number.;) They are quite confidential on here.

Serious Questions are for Serious Discussion Forums such as a Philosophy & Theology Forum.

But this Message Forums do not have a Forum for such Serious Discussions.  

For now, I am Posting such things on the Book & Writing Forum as that is the Forum Closest to what might be a Serious Discussion Forum.

3X3

Last Night, I Browned more Hamburger and put in some Onions and let them Saute into the Browned Hamburger with loads of Cayenne Chili Powder and Cumin along with another Can of Brown Beans.  Then I mixed in some Raw Chopped Onions and Green Belle Pepper.  

Then I mixed into that a few Huge Scoops of Salty Chili Con Carne and then used that to make a Tortilla Pie which is similar in concept to a Lasagna.

In a Baking Dish, I layered Nacho Chips, Chili Con Carne and Cheddar Cheese and after the layering got to the top of the Baking Dish, put on an Extra Thick Layer of Cheddar Cheese.

Put in a Preheated Oven for 10 Minutes.  Preheated set on Bake but switch to Broil as your putting in the Tortilla Pie.

Bake on Broil for at least 10 minutes or until the Top Layer of Cheese gets a nice Golden Brown.

It was still a wee bit Salty but was rather Tasty.

3X3

Archived