New bar/pub

Blaine

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The builders have been working on that place for a heck of a long time. Rumour has it that they are going to distil their own whiskey amongst other things. There is also a restaurant in there

Credit to people out there trying to make the quay the place to spend an evening wandering along for food and drinks. We just need another 10,000 people to make it work but it's a start. Maybe the cruise ships could help, if we get one a day stopping every day of the year. Every year.

Good to see a Pub Opening up after Years of Pubs going Broke and Out of Business after the Non-Smoking Bylaws were put into place in about 2010ish or so.

Since No One was allowed to Smoke in or nearby Pubs anymore, there were a Record Number of Pubs going out of Business.

3X3

10 hours ago, Neil Down said:

The builders have been working on that place for a heck of a long time. Rumour has it that they are going to distil their own whiskey amongst other things. There is also a restaurant in there

Well that's a non starter.

One cannot distil "Whiskey" over here, I don't think.

Isn't that why we have to have "Manx Spirit", or is that because they wanted to actually call it "Manx Whiskey"?

5 hours ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Good to see a Pub Opening up after Years of Pubs going Broke and Out of Business after the Non-Smoking Bylaws were put into place in about 2010ish or so.

Since No One was allowed to Smoke in or nearby Pubs anymore, there were a Record Number of Pubs going out of Business.

3X3

But smoking is a filthy dirty habit and something one should do away from others, like far away. I smoked for 40 years and am not proud of that at all.

Non smoking pubs are fine by me.

BTW, most pubs are no longer " Spit and Sawdust ", at least not over here.

6 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Credit to people out there trying to make the quay the place to spend an evening wandering along for food and drinks. We just need another 10,000 people to make it work but it's a start. Maybe the cruise ships could help, if we get one a day stopping every day of the year. Every year.

:lol:

35 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Well that's a non starter.

One cannot distil "Whiskey" over here, I don't think.

Isn't that why we have to have "Manx Spirit", or is that because they wanted to actually call it "Manx Whiskey"?

Not sure how true that is Dilli, Whisky is distilled in Canada. I have a hunch that you can call it whiskey but not Scotch. Hopefully one of our resident experts will have a line on this

Archived