Technicolor TG589vac v2 Dual-Band VDSL/ADSL2+ router

Can someone with the device who is on ultima / vdsl please copy and paste the vectoring stats from the router admin page 192.168.1.1 , diagnostics > xDSL > show advanced, scroll down

Do you get any data in those stats?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this means vectoring is not enabled on your line as there is no data.but I am not sure. Are you connected to a green cabinet and do you know if it has been upgraded to support vectoring?

I would be interested to know if anyone who has this router sees any data in that section.

15 minutes ago, bilbo said:

Thanks both.

Glad to help.

Funny really that I kinda laughed / sniggered when I saw that others were losing their connections on Ultra, as I had no problem.

This last week or so the connection drops out quite often and I have to wait about 5 minutes for it to reconnect. Getting pissed off big time now. :angry: 

• 2 months later...

MT swapped out my Fritz 3390 for the Technicolor TG589vac V2 after I started to experience the dreaded disconnects.

Unfortunately It hasn't worked and I'm awaiting an engineer call.

In the meantime, I have to say the Technicolor seems like a pos compared to the Fritz.  Wifi coverage is nowhere near as good.

It's also very reluctant to allow my 2.4Ghz wifi Epson printer to connect without a reboot of the router.  Anyone else experienced similar wifi problems with the Technicolor?

11 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

MT swapped out my Fritz 3390 for the Technicolor TG589vac V2 after I started to experience the dreaded disconnects.

Unfortunately It hasn't worked and I'm awaiting an engineer call.

In the meantime, I have to say the Technicolor seems like a pos compared to the Fritz.  Wifi coverage is nowhere near as good.

It's also very reluctant to allow my 2.4Ghz wifi Epson printer to connect without a reboot of the router.  Anyone else experienced similar wifi problems with the Technicolor?

All of our "drop outs" were caused by an incompatible BT phone :o. Thanks to a very thorough MT engineer our problems were solved.

The wifi is not brilliant, but we have a TP-LINK AV600 powerline to extend to wife to the rooms further away.

Pleased with it now.( and with the MT engineer who took the time to solve the issue ):)

Archived